[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
vivabrasil90

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.16.5]

yo can we get an update to 0.17.1? i like playing this mod more than the original story
chimneyfish

vivabrasil90 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:32 pm yo can we get an update to 0.17.1? i like playing this mod more than the original story
The 0.17.x update won't come until there's a 0.17.x version of the CSC which usually doesn't happen until the stable release of a version (so something like 0.17.5). I am not an alpha tester, so I don't know what bugs (if any) might exist using the 0.16.5 version of this story in 0.17.1. But previous versions worked okay(ish) in betas (e.g., Random Party 0.15.5 was mostly fine in House Party 0.16.4)...
chimneyfish

New version (16.5.1) in first post has the following changes:
  • Stopped girls from walking in a circle of confusion when arriving at the hot tub (thanks dev_n)
  • Stephanie shouldn't start the game in the hot tub with her dress on anymore
  • Fixed a problem with phones being renamed to the wrong name
  • Not having a bathing suit isn't a good excuse for someone who lives in the house, so modest hostess has a different reason for not going in the hot tub
  • Added slightly different diary descriptions for moderately shy girls that also don't drink
  • Added a new achievement: see file attached to this post for a spoiler
moonbuster

Hi,

When ever I try to start the Random Story there are no guests in the house, the house is completely empty. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug?

If it is intentional can anyone tell me how to get the guests to start arriving and if not what can I do to fix the problem?

chimneyfish

moonbuster wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 am Hi,

When ever I try to start the Random Story there are no guests in the house, the house is completely empty. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug?

If it is intentional can anyone tell me how to get the guests to start arriving and if not what can I do to fix the problem?

Are you able to play the Original Story? How about other custom stories?

If it's not just Random Party, check this post: https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=970
moonbuster

chimneyfish wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:10 am
moonbuster wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 am Hi,

Are you able to play the Original Story? How about other custom stories?

If it's not just Random Party, check this post: https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=970
No I am not able to play any custom stories (even the ones that are included with the game only the main story works. I downloaded the custom party to the correct location but when I start the game I am alone in an empty house. The same thing happens when I try to play any other story other than the original.

Thanks for the help and speedy response :)
peter980

Hopefully, you are on 0.16.5 version of the game, which is last stable build.
ttant

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:53 pmNew version (16.5.1) in first post
French translation updated as well.

Beware, some dialog miss theirs uuids, thus translations may not appear !
jaystaff

I have a problem, the "smoke a joint" function no longer works since update 0.16.5

Am i the only one ? Is this from the official game update?
chimneyfish

jaystaff wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 pm I have a problem, the "smoke a joint" function no longer works since update 0.16.5

Am i the only one ? Is this from the official game update?
It should work if you have a recent version of Random Party (16.5.0 or 16.5.1). It's broken using older versions of Random Party. The message that appears at the start of the story tells you what version you're using.

Also, you have to have a lit joint in your inventory for the option to appear. It's not enough to have just the marijuana or an unlit joint.