[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
eekgameuser

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.19.4]

chimneyfish wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:46 pm
eekgameuser wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:42 am Hard to believe 2 years have passed since this random party began. Still having lots of fun with it, thanks for all the hard work.

It may be coincidence or I could be doing something wrong but the last two games I tried I had no variety in "preferential stimulant". Whatever the first girl wants it seems all the girls want. In the first game the first girl drank only soda and the next 5 girls that I asked wanted soft drinks as well. I quickly ran out of soft drinks so I ended the game rather than use the tablet.

The second game I tried the first girl wanted weed and then the next 4 girls wanted it so seeing the pattern I stopped playing again.

Is it just an amazing coincidence, something I'm doing or something buggy?

Again, great custom story.
I just tested this in version 19.4.0. First four girls I talked to: 2 wanted soda, 1 would drink anything, and 1 wanted weed. I'm pretty sure what you observed is just a wild coincidence.
I just came back here to let you know that it was some sorta crazy roll I was on twice in a row. I'm heading to Vegas lol.
chimneyfish

New version uploaded (19.4.1) with the following changes:
  • Cutscenes are now an option during the end game with the hostess
  • Made it a little harder to get with girls who don't like men to start with
  • Reorganized the tablet menus a bit
  • You can now use the tablet to hack the phones
Buster587

Just to throw out some ideas, I made a couple of mods to your game that are kind of fun:
-Select girls have a chance to become less shy after they are caught having sex.
-Select girls have a chance to become less Jealous after they catch the player having sex.
(They still get mad, etc, just can have the Jealous stat drop)
-A star-bomb hitting a girl directly causes her to forget the player already (got caught & apologized)
(Number of times apologized goes to 0)

Makes for a fun way to 'train' the girls.

Anyway, I love what you've done with the game!
wrathofdoom

Buster587 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:42 pm Just to throw out some ideas, I made a couple of mods to your game that are kind of fun:
-Select girls have a chance to become less shy after they are caught having sex.
-Select girls have a chance to become less Jealous after they catch the player having sex.
(They still get mad, etc, just can have the Jealous stat drop)
-A star-bomb hitting a girl directly causes her to forget the player already (got caught & apologized)
(Number of times apologized goes to 0)
I agree, this kind of mod adds a lot to this story.

I've done a similar mod:
Girls become less Jealous after after they catch the player having sex. -10 points
Girls gain exhibitionism after a voyeur accepts invitation to watch. +10 points
Girls become less shy after they they accept invitation to watch sex -10
I also added a [invite to watch] response for [Player Caught Having Sex, Neutral]; this helps make the shy change work.

How does the "Select Girls" work?
The Star-Bomb effect is pretty clever, I just forced the forget to occur when Jealous became -100

You can see a summary of my implementation in this post:
https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?p=8527#p8527
Buster587

wrathofdoom wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:52 pm How does the "Select Girls" work?

You can see a summary of my implementation in this post:
https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?p=8527#p8527
"Select Girls" is an open concept:
-Could apply to specific characters
-maybe 'Vickie' & 'Britney' are predisposed to develop into voyeurs
-maybe 'Stephanie' & 'Rachael' are predisposed to become less Shy
-OR with more effort, new traits could control this
-'Curious' girls could develop into voyeurs with enough exposure

I see you bumped traits by -10 points. I limited any changes to distinct 'already-coded-for' values. So 100 can be bumped to 0. 0 can be bumped to -50 etc. By limiting changes in this way, you may be able to avoid having to add the additional 'personality variables' described in your previous post.
wrathofdoom

Buster587 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 am "Select Girls" is an open concept:
-Could apply to specific characters
-maybe 'Vickie' & 'Britney' are predisposed to develop into voyeurs
-maybe 'Stephanie' & 'Rachael' are predisposed to become less Shy
-OR with more effort, new traits could control this
-'Curious' girls could develop into voyeurs with enough exposure
Perhaps that fits in with something I am pondering:
Since your activities only involve grooming the girls to become less Jealous, less Shy and more Exhibitionist, maybe there should be a mechanism to regress those traits.

Here are two different ideas I had for this:
1. Make it just a maintenance issue where without attention, the traits regress over time. this could be weighted by your concept of "Select Girls"
2. Add some more activity triggers that regress the traits. Perhaps add some motivation for doing these activities or some benefit for having Shy and Jealous girls.

Another thought:
I'd like to see some activity initiation from the girls; this could be controlled by the Shy trait or perhaps one of the unused ones.
chimneyfish

You guys have convinced me that this training/desensitizing stuff is a good idea for the story. I'm going to work on incorporating something along the lines of what you've suggested/shared. Probably as part of what I release when CSC for 0.20.0 comes out. Thanks!

Specifically, I'm thinking of randomizing the "Sociable" personality trait. "Sociable" girls are easily influenced by what they encounter other people doing.

Making girls forget their past experiences with the player is a cool idea, too. I'm going to add a way to do this (not using the starbombs, though; I have another idea for this).

Making girls initiate activities with the player is something I've thought about, too. But based on my experience doing the experimental spontaneous girl-girl mode, it's a pain to program and can be a little intrusive. It's not high on my list because of that.
Buster587

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:08 pm You guys have convinced me that this training/desensitizing stuff is a good idea for the story. I'm going to work on incorporating something along the lines of what you've suggested/shared. Probably as part of what I release when CSC for 0.20.0 comes out. Thanks!
Great to hear.
By the way, any hints on finding the Tequila? I see references to this but have never found it.

A couple 'bugs' I have noticed:
-Sometimes girls sit in the hot tub seats facing the wrong direction.
-If you send a girl somewhere, then save before she arrives at her destination, then reload game, you never again get the option to send that girl somewhere (follow cooldown never resets or something like that)
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:08 pmMaking girls initiate activities with the player is something I've thought about, too. But based on my experience doing the experimental spontaneous girl-girl mode, it's a pain to program and can be a little intrusive. It's not high on my list because of that.
I actually have a couple of ideas to expand spontaneous actions.

About the issue of 'training' the girls, to me the answer is simple: changing how the booze level affects the propensity for sex.

Right now, you need fixed booze thresholds to unlock specific actions with different personalities. But it doesn't matter if the girl is just buzzed or wasted once you reached the threshold. What would make sense is, the higher the alcohol level, the higher the chance of certain actions taking place. A shy buzzed girl would have very low odds of intimacy, but keep increasing the alcohol level and the odds go up also.

Which gets to to the spontaneous actions, since one of my ideas is to limit the alcohol gatekeeping by the player and allow the girls to drink on their own, after they're served the first drink, or the player could give them the booze key to increase friendship/etc. Since some girls won't drink or stick to weed, this also limits how much this can be used by the player, or how much the girls will get drunk on their own.
chimneyfish

Buster587 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:44 am Great to hear.
By the way, any hints on finding the Tequila? I see references to this but have never found it.
The tequila is on top of the liquor cabinet
Buster587 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:44 am -Sometimes girls sit in the hot tub seats facing the wrong direction.
I have not experienced this, but it would most likely be a game engine bug. Not something I could fix.
Buster587 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:44 am -If you send a girl somewhere, then save before she arrives at her destination, then reload game, you never again get the option to send that girl somewhere (follow cooldown never resets or something like that)
I'll see if I can replicate this, but FollowCooldown should reset 60 seconds after the request is made. It has nothing to do with her arriving at her destination, so unless saving and loading is not preserving her action queue, I'm not sure what the problem would be.