[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
onceinabook

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.21.1]

chimneyfish wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:03 pm Is your House Party game updated to version 0.21.1?
Are you able to play the Original Story without problems?
Are you able to download and play any other custom story designed for version 0.21.1 (maybe try Katherine's Party or Fiery Date)?
I can play other up to date stories, as well as the original and my game is up to date, i do have the same issue with gone bad party as well though, but Katherines party, an fiery date work
chimneyfish

onceinabook wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:26 pm I can play other up to date stories, as well as the original and my game is up to date, i do have the same issue with gone bad party as well though, but Katherines party, an fiery date work
I'm stumped. I asked peter980 (author of Gond Bad Party, who knows modding better than I do) and he doesn't have an answer either. If you're updated to 0.21.1 (upper right of the main menu), I have no idea what the problem is.
ttant

Little update of the french translation: it's still on its way, but i found an engine issue which i can't probably fix on my own without altering a bit some sentences:

Oh hey, asshole. I {Amy:OtherGirlAction} {Amy:OtherGirl}. What makes you think you can pull that shit with me?
Part between { } is a variable. There is no big deal when it's a name or a number.
In this example, OtherGirlAction can be "heard you asking for a striptease from" which can't be translated...
ttant

Little update of the french translation: it's still on its way, but i found an engine issue which i can't probably fix on my own without altering a bit some sentences:

Oh hey, asshole. I {Amy:OtherGirlAction} {Amy:OtherGirl}. What makes you think you can pull that shit with me?
Part between { } is a variable. There is no big deal when it's a name or a number.
In this example, OtherGirlAction can be "heard you asking for a striptease from" which can't be translated...
chimneyfish

ttant wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:33 pm Little update of the french translation: it's still on its way, but i found an engine issue which i can't probably fix on my own without altering a bit some sentences:

Yeah, I suspected that the OtherGirlAction variable would be a problem for translation. In a future version, I will create alternate dialogue texts instead of using it directly.

For now, in the translation maybe you can replace {XXX:OtherGirlAction} with the appropriate translation for "...saw you with..."? That's the fallback value for OtherGirlAction and it would make sense for all other possible values of the variable.
ttant

chimneyfish wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:51 pm For now, in the translation maybe you can replace {XXX:OtherGirlAction} with the appropriate translation for "...saw you with..."? That's the fallback value for OtherGirlAction and it would make sense for all other possible values of the variable.
That's what i'm planing to do.
Sadly, same goes for BoozeString, ClothingNameBottom, ClothingNameTop, etc.
In my pov, variable system works well only for firstname and numbers. All others have to go :/
ttant

French translation of 21.2.0 (untested)

To be extracted in ***\Eek\House Party\Mods\Languages folder.
Attachments
Random Party 21.2.0-fr.zip
(803.44 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
chimneyfish

New version uploaded in the first post and in the CSU with the following changes:
  • Capped friendship checks at 95%. Even if you're BFFs, there's always a chance she's not in the mood to dance or whatever.
  • Seduction and amusement checks can still reach 100%, but won't go higher
  • With enough pressure, suggestible girls might start liking booze and weed more
  • New special scenario: Innocence Lost. Use the tablet to access it.
  • Fixed missing clothing names for Rachael and Vickie
  • Corrected hint about puffing joint that mentioned "Y" key instead of "E" key
  • Fixed some inconsistencies between sunglasses relationship effects and dialogue lines
ttant

There might be a bug in 21.1.2 :
While doing the french translation, i saw a change from 21.1.1 which seems odd to me:
in 21.1.1:
11111111-2e9c-45ca-baba-9443aef0897a|{Amy:NameString}
which is now (in 21.1.2):
11111111-2e9c-45ca-baba-9443aef0897a|{Patrick:NameString}

As Patrick is not part of the guests, i suppose a replacement was missing.
Anyhow, this issue is only present in Amy file. As i didn't look for context, this sentence may never be used.

Edit: translation updated, check first post for link.
chimneyfish

ttant wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:57 am There might be a bug in 21.1.2 :
While doing the french translation, i saw a change from 21.1.1 which seems odd to me:
in 21.1.1:
11111111-2e9c-45ca-baba-9443aef0897a|{Amy:NameString}
which is now (in 21.1.2):
11111111-2e9c-45ca-baba-9443aef0897a|{Patrick:NameString}

As Patrick is not part of the guests, i suppose a replacement was missing.
Anyhow, this issue is only present in Amy file. As i didn't look for context, this sentence may never be used.

Edit: translation updated, check first post for link.
Yeah, not a bug in 21.1.2. Probably it was a bug in 21.1.1.

That sentence never gets used. Patrick is present in the Amy file as a dummy. Patrick gets replaced by Amy in the process of creating the other girls' files.