[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.20.3]

lifesuckz69 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:51 pm I tried to do it myself, but since I have absolutely no unity experience and the videos tackled other topics, I am going to ask:
Would it be possible to get 1-3 of the guys into the party too? Could still be an optional version.
Extremely difficult, due to the way I designed the story, unfortunately.

I might tackle this once the female playable character is out in the Original Story, but not likely before.
lifesuckz69

Yeah, i am not 100% sure as I said that I don't have any unity knowledge, but to me it looks like you used Patrick and Derek to store triggers for the overall system.

I would have liked it for the bisexual possibility and also for variety overall, but with a female player character i'd want it even more, so hope that works out.
chimneyfish

lifesuckz69 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:43 pm Yeah, i am not 100% sure as I said that I don't have any unity knowledge, but to me it looks like you used Patrick and Derek to store triggers for the overall system.

I would have liked it for the bisexual possibility and also for variety overall, but with a female player character i'd want it even more, so hope that works out.
Yep, Derek handles triggers, events, scripts, etc. for the entire system. Patrick is a dummy substitute character that I use with the text macros to create the other 9 girls from Amy's file.
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:01 pm New version in the first post with the following fixes:
  • Fixed unintended shy and exhibitionism personality shifts; only suggestible girls should change personality now
  • Fixed spelling of voyeur in a couple of places
  • Suppressed fail messages when percent chance >=100
  • Added option to hide the odds on skill checks
This update also changes how pickup lines are handled:
  • -For typical girls, pickup line success is now based on a random check. There's no limit to the number of times you can get a romance bonus from pickup lines, but success gets increasingly difficult after each success
  • No-nonsense and easy going girls still behave the same (although they show the "random" check results to make their personality less obvious)
The story is currently too big for the custom story uploader, so I haven't updated it there.
Happy New Year!

I've ported my changes that I discussed previously to your previous 0.20.3, but with your new update I'd have to redo everything so I've given up for now.

One idea I had yesterday while playing with everyone as 'suggestible' was to have some sort of system to apply to all the girls instead of the tag, where factors like alcohol level & friendship (and others) would instead determine the odds of the personality shift (which could also be made temporarty). Otherwise, there are ways to figure out safely which girls are suggestible or not (get Romance/Friendship up, invite to Hot Tub and ask to remove clothes several times).

Found still a couple of typos: "Voyueristic" (on the Inspect messages) and "Cleaining" (when you discuss the end of the party with the hostess).
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:32 pm Found still a couple of typos: "Voyueristic" (on the Inspect messages) and "Cleaining" (when you discuss the end of the party with the hostess).
Thanks! Typos have been corrected for the next version (whenever that is)...
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:13 pm Thanks! Typos have been corrected for the next version (whenever that is)...
Have you considered uploading your mod to Github or a similar site?

It would be easier to contribute although I understand if you want to keep it developing it by yourself (I have a couple of my pet projects for other games that I prefer to keep as mine).
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.21.1]

Updated for House Party 0.21.1, with a couple of minor changes:
  • Girls who are angry at you will now be specific about what they caught you doing and with whom
  • Corrected a few typos
chimneyfish

Story updated in first post with the following changes:
  • Cutscenes during the end game with the hostess should work again
  • Added spare bedroom cutscene (AshleyFinale)
  • Hints that previously referred to the "Y" key now refer to the "E" key
onceinabook

I tried updating the game to the most up to date version through the in game browser, and it no longer works, there's no interactions, or npcs
chimneyfish

onceinabook wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:32 pm I tried updating the game to the most up to date version through the in game browser, and it no longer works, there's no interactions, or npcs
Is your House Party game updated to version 0.21.1?
Are you able to play the Original Story without problems?
Are you able to download and play any other custom story designed for version 0.21.1 (maybe try Katherine's Party or Fiery Date)?