[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
hobbes___

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.20.3]

While playtesting I noticed something odd... a girl with a Sociable score of 0 got personality changes twice during my last game. First in Shy, then in Adventurous.
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:46 pm While playtesting I noticed something odd... a girl with a Sociable score of 0 got personality changes twice during my last game. First in Shy, then in Adventurous.
Yep. I see at least one instance where I forgot the criteria! Fixing it now...
chimneyfish

New version in the first post with the following fixes:
  • Fixed unintended shy and exhibitionism personality shifts; only suggestible girls should change personality now
  • Fixed spelling of voyeur in a couple of places
  • Suppressed fail messages when percent chance >=100
  • Added option to hide the odds on skill checks
This update also changes how pickup lines are handled:
  • -For typical girls, pickup line success is now based on a random check. There's no limit to the number of times you can get a romance bonus from pickup lines, but success gets increasingly difficult after each success
  • No-nonsense and easy going girls still behave the same (although they show the "random" check results to make their personality less obvious)
The story is currently too big for the custom story uploader, so I haven't updated it there.
peter980

chimneyfish wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:01 pm The story is currently too big for the custom story uploader, so I haven't updated it there.
There is a workaround:

Use 7-zip and set Ultra/Deflate as compression for "zip". It would reduce it to around 8MB. While maintaining full zip compatibility.
chimneyfish

peter980 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 pm There is a workaround:

Use 7-zip and set Ultra/Deflate as compression for "zip". It would reduce it to around 8MB. While maintaining full zip compatibility.
Thanks peter, that worked like a charm. Random Party has been updated in the CSU.
peter980

Just be aware that the latest version in CSU is marked as 0.19.4.
chimneyfish

peter980 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:25 pm Just be aware that the latest version in CSU is marked as 0.19.4.
Aha, forgot about that. Fixed now!
Wolfman6969

Where do you sit to get lap dance scene thanks.
chimneyfish

Wolfman6969 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:52 am Where do you sit to get lap dance scene thanks.
Spoiler
When dancing with a girl who gives you a spontaneous striptease, stop dancing and sit on the couch that's in the same room.

Or sit on Frank's chair or any of the downstairs couches (not outside) and ask for a striptease.
lifesuckz69

I tried to do it myself, but since I have absolutely no unity experience and the videos tackled other topics, I am going to ask:
Would it be possible to get 1-3 of the guys into the party too? Could still be an optional version.

My tries in unity revolved around copying one of the girls and then switch everything to Derek and remove script parts that were exclusively female related in the "Story (scripts) - Player interaction with Other characters" section, but it already started by not figuring out how to copy only 1 girls values into Derek in the story top menu. sure I figured out how to start add dialog options and such myself, but since this mod is rather complex, that would go way deeper than I am capable of.

I also looked around to see if you could just enable them somehow, since they show up in the story in unity, but I don't know how you made them gone.