[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
peter980

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.18.2]

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:33 am 2. If any of the other characters like men and women, have them try to hook up with each other as well based on their personalities. So, if Ashley (for example) likes women and is "adventurous," maybe she would end up making out or banging some other girl with the same traits. Essentially what I am saying is that all NPCs have the same goals as the player. It may be too difficult to implement, but it would certain make it feel more like a full party.
One interesting thing to point out is that game does have a background relationship system between NPCs.

Each character has friendship/romance social stat over other NPCs, which I think is assigned randomly at the start of the game (not sure, please check).

While it does not impact the Original Story, player goals, or how NPC perceive each other during story dialog, it does affect background behavior. How much will someone chat with someone. Will they go together and move to different places, etc...

Those social stats also get modified over time, during the play, based on what is happening in the background.

Also, all NPCs have personality traits, although most of them exempt exhibitionism do not have any direct effect on gameplay.
But... they do affect the dynamic of how social stats between NPCs get updated over time.

I think this could be reused for Random Party. Have NPC romance stats be one of the conditions for hookup between them.

In fact, it would be a cool experiment to create an empty story, with all characters having roaming enabled. Then add a trigger where if one character walks to another, and if they both love each other, that will get them to make out for 1 minute.
chimneyfish

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:33 am This is definitely one the best mods out there! If I may, I would like to suggest some things to spice it up more that would tie into the "randomness" of the party.

1. If the hostess likes men and women, maybe have an option to have other girls you slept with to stay the night and have some group fun.
2. If any of the other characters like men and women, have them try to hook up with each other as well based on their personalities. So, if Ashley (for example) likes women and is "adventurous," maybe she would end up making out or banging some other girl with the same traits. Essentially what I am saying is that all NPCs have the same goals as the player. It may be too difficult to implement, but it would certain make it feel more like a full party.
3. Have an option to play games with NPCs that want to. Perhaps truth or dare? Spin the bottle? Hide and seek? IDK.
4. I would definitely incorporate strap-ons down the road in some way.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Keep up with the great work!!
All these things are on my list, although maybe not soon, since they'll take a lot of work.
peter980 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:04 am
One interesting thing to point out is that game does have a background relationship system between NPCs.

Each character has friendship/romance social stat over other NPCs, which I think is assigned randomly at the start of the game (not sure, please check).

While it does not impact the Original Story, player goals, or how NPC perceive each other during story dialog, it does affect background behavior. How much will someone chat with someone. Will they go together and move to different places, etc...

Those social stats also get modified over time, during the play, based on what is happening in the background.

Also, all NPCs have personality traits, although most of them exempt exhibitionism do not have any direct effect on gameplay.
But... they do affect the dynamic of how social stats between NPCs get updated over time.

I think this could be reused for Random Party. Have NPC romance stats be one of the conditions for hookup between them.

In fact, it would be a cool experiment to create an empty story, with all characters having roaming enabled. Then add a trigger where if one character walks to another, and if they both love each other, that will get them to make out for 1 minute.
I've poked around at the background relationship stats a little. I might use them to control #2 above, but I also have a couple of different ideas I might try out as well. Again, maybe not "soon."

I do think your experiment is a really cool idea. I might even try it now...
chimneyfish

New version uploaded with big changes. The biggest change is that there's no longer a fixed relationship threshold that decides whether girls will do stuff with you. A girl will say yes or no depending on (1) her personality, (2) how much she likes you, (3) how drunk she is, and (4) a random factor. If you fail due to the random factor, there will be a cooldown period. Just wait 90 seconds and you'll be able to try again.

Other changes:
  • You can now ask a girl to follow you to a quiet spot
  • You can now ask to set up some 3-way action in advance
  • You can now hack the phones as an alternate way to find information about the girls (you get six tries to hack each phone; if you succeed, you can snoop to learn more)
  • Inspecting girls will now remind you what you've already learned about them (very useful, try it!)
  • You can now spend the night, instead of going home, after hooking up with the hostess (some girls may even prefer this); click on the bed to use this option
  • Using the diary, you can now rename girls to remember if they like women
  • Added some alternate dialogues that appear when a girl's already done some stuff with the player
  • Corrected an edge case where a girl would report being hungry after the player fed the party
  • Corrected an issue with bathroom mirrors that was making the bath bombs hard to find
  • Fixed an issue with drunk slutty girl telling you her name, then not getting renamed
  • Fixed an issue where the end game was telling you "you bailed out" when you had scored with the hostess
  • Included Lety in randomizing glasses
  • Disabled randomization of Katherine's underwear, since she no longer has an alternate set
  • If you ask a girl to dance, then fail to join her, she might comment about it later
  • Fixed some issues with booze and drug preferences randomization
  • Replaced most coinflip randomizations with RandomizeIntValue to simplify code and smooth a few probablilities
  • Other minor typos and bugs squashed
ttant

Translation of 0.18.2.2 may take a while, due to number of string change.

Btw, i found some typos :
* This is a random girl you don't know muich about yet
* Maybe you'll get lucky a littlle later tonight
* Remeber her as (lesbian or bisexual - other are fine)

There is something strange as well:
* There's some I.D. in here that suggests this bag belongs to Lucy
* There's some I.D. in here that suggests this bag belongs to Katie's (especially girl_name_2)
Both formulation exist, for different name.

Also something that bother me:
* (Leah) She takes off your hoodie
Player is not supposed to have a top / hoodie, but just a shirt. I suppose the replacement you do to alter each character change that sentence.

Anyhow, great work, as always 8-)
chimneyfish

ttant wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:55 am Translation of 0.18.2.2 may take a while, due to number of string change.

Btw, i found some typos :
* This is a random girl you don't know muich about yet
* Maybe you'll get lucky a littlle later tonight
* Remeber her as (lesbian or bisexual - other are fine)

There is something strange as well:
* There's some I.D. in here that suggests this bag belongs to Lucy
* There's some I.D. in here that suggests this bag belongs to Katie's (especially girl_name_2)
Both formulation exist, for different name.

Also something that bother me:
* (Leah) She takes off your hoodie
Player is not supposed to have a top / hoodie, but just a shirt. I suppose the replacement you do to alter each character change that sentence.

Anyhow, great work, as always 8-)
Thanks! I'll have a new version up today that fixes those typos. The last one will affect the translation (moved those lines to Derek's file so they don't get replaced).
ttant

chimneyfish wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:10 pm Thanks! I'll have a new version up today that fixes those typos.
You're welcome ;)
I'll wait or the 18.2.3 to publish the french translation :mrgreen:
chimneyfish

Version 18.2.3 is uploaded. It fixes those typos, plus a few other minor things.
ttant

French translation updated (at last!).

@chimneyfish: When extracting the translation templates, some sentences are written on two lines and those can't be displayed properly once translated (yet).
I try to force eek teams to use:
* Use a single '\n' (linux end of line) for new line in a dialog,
* Use '\r\n' (windows end of line) only for line end
* Never use '\r' (mac end of line).
Could you do the fix in your next version ? This will allow me to save some times, as i won't have to edit templates before translating them ;)
chimneyfish

ttant wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:27 pm...some sentences are written on two lines...
I'm not sure exactly what this means? Could you point me to a dialogue or response ID for example so I can see what's different about the lines that are causing problems?
ttant

Dialog 246 ends with \r\r\n
246.7 ends with \n\r\n
246.8 contains a \r and ends with \n\r\n