[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
hobbes___

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [0.22.0]

chimneyfish wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:06 pm There was a bug where girls that were NOT suggestible were shifting their shy and exhibitionist dimensions as if they were suggestible. New version 22.0.2 in the first post (and soon on the downloader) fixes this.
Nice :D
hobbes___

OK, more suggestions, along with an explanation how I'd use them:
1) Call all the girls (which aren't dancing/intimate) to the player's location - useful when you want all of them to perform jealousy rolls by catching you with another girl, or when you want to do a mass dance.
2) Be able to bring one of the stereo columns to the hottub, like vanilla, just for ambience. Bonus if you can also invite them to dance by the hottub, and if dancing at that location gives a bigger chance of the girl doing a striptease.
3) With spontaneous GTG activated, reduce the minimum distance required between the girls for GTG to take place if possible. This may lead to fewer GTG encounters but it should reduce the teleporting between walls and locked doors that happens.
4) Allow also for the laundry room to be locked with the keychain. When characters start getting intimate on that room, strange things can happen, like the player ending up at the top of the dryer and being unable to move. Or appearing instead inside the closet of the study room.
5) The "Shouldn't you be paying attention to her instead of me" dialogue sometimes is triggered in situations that doesn't make sense for the exterior girl to be complaining that you're not giving attention to the girl you're with.
6) Regarding the Suggestibility system:
* Instead of a simple Yes/No condition applied to the girls, use the same score range (-100 to 100) as the personality traits. So some girls will be suggestible, others might, and the rest will definitely not, making it less predictable. Slutty/drunk could also be used in the suggestibility rolls.
* Split suggestibility to independent categories, based on the personality traits. A Shy girl would also have a Shy Suggestibility score instead. The idea here is that people are usually susceptible to some things and not others, so for instance a girl that is both shy and modest could learn to become less shy, less modest or both.
* Add LikesMen/LikesWomen to also be possibly altered by Suggestible. Do the suggestibility rolls everytime player asks to join gtg or offers his partner as help during threesome.
* Slutty could also be a 'suggestible' trait by either checking for it when inviting girls for menage or stripteasing. Or add more kinky sex positions/actions involving the existing dildo and strapon.
7) With GTG activated, allow also for a girl to get mad at the other girl instead of you when she catches you both getting intimate. This could be done by checking the romance levels to determine which one she'd be more mad at. And yes, this could also lead to them getting into fights with one another, or refusing later to enter threesomes with the other girl present.
chimneyfish

Thanks for the detailed suggestions! Some thoughts below...
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am OK, more suggestions, along with an explanation how I'd use them:
1) Call all the girls (which aren't dancing/intimate) to the player's location - useful when you want all of them to perform jealousy rolls by catching you with another girl, or when you want to do a mass dance.
I'm planning to add this to the tablet as a cheat function. Do you think there should be a way to try to call all the girls together without cheating? This approach would check each girl's friendliness to see whether she responds to your summons...
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am2) Be able to bring one of the stereo columns to the hottub, like vanilla, just for ambience. Bonus if you can also invite them to dance by the hottub, and if dancing at that location gives a bigger chance of the girl doing a striptease.
Good idea, although this would mean losing the broom as part of the end game quest if I do it exactly like vanilla. I'll have to see if there's a reasonable way to place the speaker without the broom.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am3) With spontaneous GTG activated, reduce the minimum distance required between the girls for GTG to take place if possible. This may lead to fewer GTG encounters but it should reduce the teleporting between walls and locked doors that happens.
Sure, this would be relatively easy to change. I'm glad someone's testing the girl-girl mode. I haven't been able to test it much and feel like it's still kind of buggy (which is why it remains experimental).
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am4) Allow also for the laundry room to be locked with the keychain. When characters start getting intimate on that room, strange things can happen, like the player ending up at the top of the dryer and being unable to move. Or appearing instead inside the closet of the study room.
Easy. Adding to my list.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am5) The "Shouldn't you be paying attention to her instead of me" dialogue sometimes is triggered in situations that doesn't make sense for the exterior girl to be complaining that you're not giving attention to the girl you're with.
I'll probably need more specific details on when this is happening to track down this bug.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am6) Regarding the Suggestibility system:
* Instead of a simple Yes/No condition applied to the girls, use the same score range (-100 to 100) as the personality traits. So some girls will be suggestible, others might, and the rest will definitely not, making it less predictable.
The other personality traits aren't really a range. They're just discrete values within the range (e.g., -100, 0, 50, 100). I could introduce an intermediate "sometimes suggestible" value to suggestible, but I don't think it would change the feel of things very much, especially if you aren't using the diary and don't see the "secretly intrigued" messages. The "sometimes suggestible" would still ultimately be suggestible (unless you're terribly unlucky), it would just take a lot longer to get them to shift personality.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 amSlutty/drunk could also be used in the suggestibility rolls.
Drunk is already included in the rolls. I'll look at incorporating the different slutty values.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am* Split suggestibility to independent categories, based on the personality traits. A Shy girl would also have a Shy Suggestibility score instead. The idea here is that people are usually susceptible to some things and not others, so for instance a girl that is both shy and modest could learn to become less shy, less modest or both.
The suggestibility system is already pretty complicated under the hood. Separating it in to multiple separate parameters would be a bit more work than I'm inclined to take on right now.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am* Add LikesMen/LikesWomen to also be possibly altered by Suggestible. Do the suggestibility rolls everytime player asks to join gtg or offers his partner as help during threesome.
I like this one. Right now, LikeMen only really affects dialogue (e.g., when a girl says "I don't usually like men, but..."). But making LikesWomen suggestible is a good addition.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am* Slutty could also be a 'suggestible' trait by either checking for it when inviting girls for menage or stripteasing.
Slutty is already a factor in deciding whether girls will do menage and striptease (or anything else). See above about adding slutty to the suggestibility rolls.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 amOr add more kinky sex positions/actions involving the existing dildo and strapon.
More positions and toys is on my long term list, but probably won't get added soon...
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am7) With GTG activated, allow also for a girl to get mad at the other girl instead of you when she catches you both getting intimate. This could be done by checking the romance levels to determine which one she'd be more mad at. And yes, this could also lead to them getting into fights with one another, or refusing later to enter threesomes with the other girl present.
Also maybe a long term addition. Like I said, I think the existing girl-girl interactions are still a little buggy. I'd prefer to get those working right before expanding their scope to fights and such.

Thanks again for the input!
Fyrewind

If the speaker is placed on the mound with the broom, then you can have as part of the clean up quest to put the speaker back where you got it, then get the broom back from the dirt mound.
chimneyfish

Fyrewind wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:06 am If the speaker is placed on the mound with the broom, then you can have as part of the clean up quest to put the speaker back where you got it, then get the broom back from the dirt mound.
Aha, I didn't think of this obvious solution! Perfect!
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:25 pm
I'm planning to add this to the tablet as a cheat function. Do you think there should be a way to try to call all the girls together without cheating? This approach would check each girl's friendliness to see whether she responds to your summons...
Yeah, that's a nice idea. Another one that I remembered would be for the hostess once per game to call everyone to make a welcome speech or something.
Sure, this would be relatively easy to change. I'm glad someone's testing the girl-girl mode. I haven't been able to test it much and feel like it's still kind of buggy (which is why it remains experimental).
I've been using always GtG activated because it's fun when the girls start acting independently of the player's actions and then you need to come up with strategies to deal with excessive intimacy ruining your plans. It's also a nice way to learn things about both girls regarding their shyness and exhibitionism and potential threesome partners.

The main issue with GtG is when the girls get teleported and disappear into the air, either moving through walls or locked doors. This can also lead to them getting stuck in locked rooms, or seeing intimacy acts involving the player and other girls even though the door had been locked.

Another thing I've considered is if GtG shouldn't also lead to suggestibility checks if the girls are caught. Helps with the training and it doesn't make sense that those checks only happen if the player is involved.
Thanks again for the input!
Thanks for all your work. I really enjoy playing your story.
chimneyfish

New version 22.0.3 is in the first post and soon will be on the CSU. It implements a few suggestions from hobbes___ and others:
  • Added "Push Her Head Down" to the radial menu once making out reaches high excitement
  • Once a girl starts "digging your moves" the improvement in her dance skill will depend on how much she likes you
  • Added sluttiness factor to suggestibility checks. As a side effect of this change, many suggestible girls will shift personality a little more quickly
  • Suggestible girls can now have their personality influenced when caught in spontaneous girl-girl action
  • The laundry room can now be locked with the keychain
  • Added a "call all girls to my location" feature to the cheat tablet
  • Messages about girls being busy will now use their names
  • Fixed a bug where a couple of actions could, in odd cases, cause a greater relationship increase than intended
ttant

French translation updated as well.
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:57 pm [*]Added sluttiness factor to suggestibility checks. As a side effect of this change, many suggestible girls will shift personality a little more quickly
[*]Suggestible girls can now have their personality influenced when caught in spontaneous girl-girl action
Tested this twice, once by using with the Innocence Lost scenario and then using the tablet to make them all suggestible. It was fun in both because the suggestible girls really start having a 'mind' of their own and you need to keep up with them.

Just one 'bug' I noticed, I got several times the message: "She will be more adventurous/etc. in the future", without the preceding "The experience has caused girl to... etc." is this intentional?
[*]Added a "call all girls to my location" feature to the cheat tablet
I added this feature to the cell phone jammer and it works great to speed up things, but it is too powerful, as it is, to be a regular game feature. I just kept using it over and over to get girls to dance or to catch me with other girls for the suggestible rolls.

But I'd still like to see this as a one-time event performed by the hostess. As in after the player unlocks the music, booze and food, the hostess gathers everyone in the living room to announce that the party can begin now. And then asks the player to take photos.

Finally, about the 'Shouldn't you be paying attention to her, not me?" dialogue that I mentioned before.

The situation is that the player is making out and another girl catches us. Usually she will trigger the dialogue like "Oh, don't mean to intrude or I'll be going now".

But sometimes she'll say instead: 'Shouldn't you be paying attention to her, not me?", which doesn't make sense since in that situation I hadn't clicked on her to interact and get a response, she merely caught us making out and spontaneously makes a comment about it.
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:32 pm Just one 'bug' I noticed, I got several times the message: "She will be more adventurous/etc. in the future", without the preceding "The experience has caused girl to... etc." is this intentional?
Not intentional. I think I know what the issue is, though. I will work on a solution.
But I'd still like to see this as a one-time event performed by the hostess. As in after the player unlocks the music, booze and food, the hostess gathers everyone in the living room to announce that the party can begin now. And then asks the player to take photos.
Something like this is on my list.
Finally, about the 'Shouldn't you be paying attention to her, not me?" dialogue that I mentioned before.

The situation is that the player is making out and another girl catches us. Usually she will trigger the dialogue like "Oh, don't mean to intrude or I'll be going now".

But sometimes she'll say instead: 'Shouldn't you be paying attention to her, not me?", which doesn't make sense since in that situation I hadn't clicked on her to interact and get a response, she merely caught us making out and spontaneously makes a comment about it.
Thanks. I don't think I've encountered this, but I'll add it to my list of bugs to investigate.