[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [1.2.2.1]

Another new version (1.2.2.1.d) to (hopefully) squash the bug of girls not arriving at the party, or arriving by floating through the fence like freaky levitating ghosts.

The player now starts outside the front door. Don't panic! Just click on the door and enter the party.
ttant

French translation updated to 1.2.2.1.d.
chimneyfish

1.2.2.1.e attempts to make goddamn certain the player starts outside the front door. If you still start in the front hallway, click on the front door and choose "Enter the Party" to start the story.

ttant - no need to update translations for this one
ttant

Ok. I only edit the post to state that it still good with the 1.2.2.1e version ;)
LadiesMan217

I have a suggestion for the House Party Custom Story that I think would be a bit fun to do since the Normal Story is a bit boring when it comes to yours since it's random and rng which is fun, So I'm thinking that you can add another dude to the mix obviously when your spawn in its all girls still but either you can call a friend to join the party or if one of the girls have a boyfriend and she gets annoyed or wants him to join mid-game he can join in and hang out and have more fun so 2 dudes with endless chicks is pretty cool could have wild Orgy or threesome cutscenes if possible either mfm or mff whatever works both would be fun, I'm thinking Derek(others suck to be honest) would be ideal for either a best friend or in a new game someone's boyfriend for the ones that hate other dudes or open ones but invites them anyway and they can be open to certain things
hobbes___

The latest Christmas House Party update with the character customizations broke the mod.

Revert to beta 1.2.2.1 to keep playing Random Party until the mod is updated.
chimneyfish

Attached to this post is a beta test version of Random Party that should be fully functional in HP 1.3.0.

Assuming no major hiccups are reported, I'll move this out of beta and release on the uploader by the end of January.

Feedback on this beta version is welcome here or on discord. Thanks!

Changes in this version:
  • NEW IN BETA 4: Added clothing randomization (Beta5 adds a setting to turn this off).
  • NEW IN BETA 4: New achievement: Worst Foot Forward
  • Player has the option to knock politely at game start, instead of just walking right in
  • The player starts with the tablet in inventory
  • The player now comes to the party a little more prepared: with a condom if male, with a strap-on if female
  • Added some hints to game start narration
  • Replaced hot tub with bathroom towel as a possible spot to find the liquor cabinet key
  • Added new endings 31 and 32 that cover the edge case where the host is passed out and the player chooses "spend the night"
  • Added some nuance to host's reaction to player opening condom drawer (for example, she won't react at all if she likes you a lot or has already explained that the condoms are a prank)
  • Phones and the tablet are now held in your hand when you use them
  • Slight adjustment to relationship penalties for refusing to stay and watch (open-minded+interested takes a friendship penalty, but no romance penalty)
  • The spare bedroom is no longer a possible location for the sunglasses, chili peppers, or coffee
  • Fixes for (hopefully most) bugs introduced by the new 1.3.0 systems
  • Fixes for a few other long-standing bugs
Attachments
Random Party 1.3.0.beta5.zip
(11.67 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by chimneyfish on Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shatteredhelix

Edited to add more:

I've found three bugs so far, one I put up on Discord, but I'll say it here too.

Bug 1: If the coffee cup spawns on the washing machine, you can't interact with it. Peter seems to think it's being blocked by the sit target and suggested disabling it if it's not used, at least that's what I got out of it.

Bug the second: You can't throw or in any way interact with a Star Bomb. You can use the box and select "Throw one" but once you do, it puts it in your inventory and you're unable to interact with it in any way. I'll keep going through to see if I can find anything else.

Third Bug: Putting drinks in cups doesn't work
Last edited by Shatteredhelix on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chimneyfish

Shatteredhelix wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:48 pm I've found two bugs so far, one I put up on Discord, but I'll say it here too.

Bug 1: If the coffee cup spawns on the washing machine, you can't interact with it. Peter seems to think it's being blocked by the sit target and suggested disabling it if it's not used, at least that's what I got out of it.

Bug the second: You can't throw or in any way interact with a Star Bomb. You can use the box and select "Throw one" but once you do, it puts it in your inventory and you're unable to interact with it in any way. I'll keep going through to see if I can find anything else.
Thanks. Both of these should be fixed in beta2, added in the previous post.

I had just plain forgotten to disable washer seat.

For the starbomb issue, the 0.05 second delay between add to inventory and grab from inventory was no longer sufficient. Increasing the delay seems to have fixed that, but I also added interactions to the starbomb itself, so if it ends up in inventory, it can still be used.
Shatteredhelix

Sorry, hadn't refreshed the page, but I found a third thing, putting drinks in cups doesn't work, unless you fixed that issue too, I really need to read things before I post, or at least refresh the page. I'll update and test.