[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [1.0.6/1.0.7]

New version 1.0.7.a has the following changes:
  • Fingering is now an option during certain intimacy situations
  • The NPCs now have (silent) background chatter that might give you some hints if you pay attention
  • A few bug fixes and quality of life improvements
I also reworked the spontaneous girl-girl action system. It hooks into the background chatter now. I still consider this experimental, so it needs to be activated via the tablet in game.
ttant

French translation updated ;)
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:27 pm New version 1.0.7.a has the following changes:
  • Fingering is now an option during certain intimacy situations
  • The NPCs now have (silent) background chatter that might give you some hints if you pay attention
  • A few bug fixes and quality of life improvements
I also reworked the spontaneous girl-girl action system. It hooks into the background chatter now. I still consider this experimental, so it needs to be activated via the tablet in game.
Feedback on 1.0.7a
* G2G action seems to be happening a lot less than before and requiring the girls to be totally drunk
* Great job on the girls requests to the player, although they can cause issues when you've locked yourself in a room and the girl keeps trying to get inside (once she teleported inside through the door)
* When the girls take selfies while seating in the hot tub, they'll get up and then stay upright in the hot tub, which can be frustrating when you're trying to mass starbomb specific girls
* The background chatter is great but the missing references/names (Patrick, Derek, Rachael, etc.) can break the immersion
* Typo (Rachel, dialogue 4) "Okay, you're gradually making up for being an idiot eariler..."
* Bug? I gave Rachel some booze (hard liquor IIRC), asked her about having fun and she replied that she needed a drink first, I noticed the drunk level hadn't raised after giving her the booze. When I talked back to her, the drunk level had raised and she accepted my fun offer.
chimneyfish

hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm * G2G action seems to be happening a lot less than before and requiring the girls to be totally drunk
This will be true for girls that are extremely or moderately shy. Under the old system they would start kissing, then immediately be embarrassed and stop, which was annoying. My testing with more balanced groups of girls and with all girls adventurous found G2G happening as much or more frequently than before. I suspect you may have been unlucky, with large numbers of shy girls.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm* Great job on the girls requests to the player, although they can cause issues when you've locked yourself in a room and the girl keeps trying to get inside (once she teleported inside through the door)
Good point. I'll see what I can do about this.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm* When the girls take selfies while seating in the hot tub, they'll get up and then stay upright in the hot tub, which can be frustrating when you're trying to mass starbomb specific girls
* Typo (Rachel, dialogue 4) "Okay, you're gradually making up for being an idiot eariler..."
Both fixed for next version, thanks. Sorry, no more hot tub selfies, ladies.
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm* The background chatter is great but the missing references/names (Patrick, Derek, Rachael, etc.) can break the immersion
I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you give an example? If you're seeing references to Patrick or Derek in the chatter text, something's gone horribly wrong...
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm* Bug? I gave Rachel some booze (hard liquor IIRC), asked her about having fun and she replied that she needed a drink first, I noticed the drunk level hadn't raised after giving her the booze. When I talked back to her, the drunk level had raised and she accepted my fun offer.
I might need more info to find this bug. Do you remember the specific type of drink (mixed drink, full bottle, shot)?
hobbes___

chimneyfish wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:20 pm
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm* The background chatter is great but the missing references/names (Patrick, Derek, Rachael, etc.) can break the immersion
I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you give an example? If you're seeing references to Patrick or Derek in the chatter text, something's gone horribly wrong...
hobbes___ wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:11 pm* Bug? I gave Rachel some booze (hard liquor IIRC), asked her about having fun and she replied that she needed a drink first, I noticed the drunk level hadn't raised after giving her the booze. When I talked back to her, the drunk level had raised and she accepted my fun offer.
I might need more info to find this bug. Do you remember the specific type of drink (mixed drink, full bottle, shot)?
First one, ignore what I wrote because I realized I was still using House Party 1.0.3, so that should explain those issues.

The second one about the Rachel, it was either soda, beer or a mixed drink (I never give full bottles or shots)
DigitalSerpent7

Three things...

One, isn't there a way to get a cutscene in the hot tub? I got the hostess all alone at the end of the party and there was no option for it.

Second...how come when two random girls get intimate, they get in some funky contortionist positions?

Third...do you have any ideas for what could be in future updates?
chimneyfish

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pmOne, isn't there a way to get a cutscene in the hot tub? I got the hostess all alone at the end of the party and there was no option for it.
It should be available. You may need to scroll down since there can be a lot of options and it's the last one on the list.
DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pmSecond...how come when two random girls get intimate, they get in some funky contortionist positions?
I'm not sure. I have seen this, but it seems kind of unpredictable. This is one of the reasons the spontaneous girl-girl system is still experimental.
DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pmThird...do you have any ideas for what could be in future updates?
Yes. A few ideas, the biggest of which is allowing the female PC. That's going to be a big lift, though, and will take some time.
DigitalSerpent7

chimneyfish wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:41 pm
DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pmOne, isn't there a way to get a cutscene in the hot tub? I got the hostess all alone at the end of the party and there was no option for it.
It should be available. You may need to scroll down since there can be a lot of options and it's the last one on the list.
DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pmSecond...how come when two random girls get intimate, they get in some funky contortionist positions?
I'm not sure. I have seen this, but it seems kind of unpredictable. This is one of the reasons the spontaneous girl-girl system is still experimental.
DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:39 pmThird...do you have any ideas for what could be in future updates?
Yes. A few ideas, the biggest of which is allowing the female PC. That's going to be a big lift, though, and will take some time.
When you say scroll down, I assume you mean when talking to the girl.

I figured that would be the answer to my question regarding the F-to-F hookups. No worries. Just curious.

I also figured the female player would be included in a new update. Would you keep the party the same with the female player, or add new things?
chimneyfish

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:45 pm When you say scroll down, I assume you mean when talking to the girl.
Yes, sorry, when you get the "how do you want to do it?" dialogue, scroll down. The hot tub cutscene should be the last choice on the list of player responses.
fighteer

The second one about the Rachel, it was either soda, beer or a mixed drink (I never give full bottles or shots)
I know the reason for this. The story has a slight delay (2 seconds) between giving a character a drink and their Drunk value increasing, presumably for the sake of realism. The dialog trigger for "needs a drink" occurs when Drunk=0, so if you advance through the dialogs too quickly you'll hit this edge case.

Note that soda increases Drunk to 1, even though it's illogical, in order to prevent a teetotaler from constantly asking for a drink. Basically, Drunk=1 represents a character "loosening up" and being willing to party further.

The issue could be worked around by setting a character value "WasGivenDrink" or something like that, so it persists regardless of Drunk value, or having the dialog advance if "DrinkCooldown=1", indicating that the girl is still working on her current beverage.

Notably, the "Feed them All" opportunity reduces everyone's Drunk value by 4, potentially bringing it back to zero. If this happens, girls should ask for drinks again after you've fed them.