[Complete Story] Fiery Date [1.2.2.1] {CSC 1.2.2.1}

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
sheeptrhills

Re: [Incomplete Story] Fiery Date [0.16.5] {CSC 0.16.5}

I can not get past the fire shield catch. i use the disenchant bombs then she casts again. there are no potions anywhere.
sheeptrhills

I can not get past the fire shield catch. i use the disenchant bombs then she casts again. there are no potions anywhere.
peter980

I must say that I am really bummed out how this story is trending on in Custom Story Browser.

I'll share some info that is visible to creators.

stats-17-6.jpg
stats-17-6.jpg (167.59 KiB) Viewed 21495 times

Downloads are good. Really good compared to forums.

But the story itself is among worst rated ones. :(

comments-17-6.jpg
comments-17-6.jpg (111.79 KiB) Viewed 21495 times

2.21/5.00 average rating from the 52 users.
Note that there is no way to see how many users game each of the ratings (devs: please add that).

Since there is almost no feedback on forums, I have no idea what led to these results.

I just hope it is not something trivial, like players trying to download Katherine Party (which uses the same story icon), and then getting annoyed for picking the wrong story.

For full transparency, I will also share all comments from users that actually commented on their ratings.
All comments are anonymous. I'll add my reactions in my next post.

4/5 Great creative demonstration. I'd love to see it become a whole story.
3/5 I like the concept but it needs more
1/5 Super boring
2/5 Hm
1/5 objects fly out of room to under levels and you die when you go there
1/5 UNPLAYABLE
1/5 Glitched.
1/5 It's so bad. A child could make a better scenario than this.
4/5 LOTS of potential. Good job so far
5/5 Woa!
Last edited by peter980 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
peter980

Here are my reactions to all of the comments.
4/5 Great creative demonstration. I'd love to see it become a whole story.
When I started working on this story, I wanted to push the game story engine to the limits. While everyone was making stories with dialogues and intimacy scenes, I wanted to see what else can be done. Can I simulate magic with what is available?
3/5 I like the concept but it needs more
Fair point. Originally I envisioned this story as a demo of sorts, of what can be done with game story engine. Eventually, I did add a bit more content with the latest update, but it is indeed a bit thin of the amount of stuff you can do when you eventually figure out all puzzles.
1/5 Super boring
I would love to see why. With short feedback like this, I have no idea if you actually seen all of the content in the story, or gave up due to not figuring out how to progress.
2/5 Hm
Hmm....
1/5 objects fly out of room to under levels and you die when you go there
Unfortunately, that is the engine thing that can not be prevented. But if you took at least half of the objects you can talk to Katherine and she will teleport all items back to the room.

Story ending if you go to the ground floor is a "feature". Like in older Call of Duty games when you leave the combat area. A visual cue is given to the player, by first making screen grey, if you start going downstairs.
It also helps in making story more focused, by making players not go to the ground floor where there is nothing related to the story to do.
1/5 UNPLAYABLE
I have no idea of you stumbled on some bug that I am not aware, or have just not figured out how to progress. The story can be definitively played from start to finish without any errors.
1/5 Glitched.
Same as above.
1/5 It's so bad. A child could make a better scenario than this.
Is this for the script or actual development work needed for implementation?
I will admit that dialog is rudimentary (I can't write sh*t) since the focus was on simulating magic and adding puzzles based on that.

Also, I think you are overestimating what a child can make. Although no children should make a story for this game.
But, truth to be told, it is more likely that you just wanted to be rude.
4/5 LOTS of potential. Good job so far
Thanks!
5/5 Woa!
I wanted to make this story feel weird and unique. So I'm glad that at least once a person had a reaction like this.
peter980

One of the new comments:
Dude I cannot get past the fire the Katherine produces, I try the bombs that Lety gives me in the original story, that seems to stop the fire but I cannot catch Kat without fire producing again, I have tried three times in a row to throw the bombs at Kat but still same results. I cannot go downstairs and nothing else seems to work. I try to give her all my items but nothing happens and I am stuck. I know your desciptions says I am doing something wrong but the speed Kat disappears and not knowing what I am able to do really sucks. Thanks anyways for the effort you made
You need to Inspect all natty lites. Then you will see that two of them are not actually beer but something else.
peter980

Re: [Incomplete Story] Fiery Date [0.17.3] {CSC 0.17.3}

Version 1.9.0 released

Story is fully updated to be compatible with 0.17.3.

Other changes:
When Katherine starts teleporting around, added hint that running may help with catching her.
Extra feedback when missing to do catch (clicking on Catch after Katherine moved from position).
ttant

Re: [Incomplete Story] Fiery Date [0.17.3] {CSC 0.17.3}

French translation updated as well. Check first post for links ;)
peter980

Re: [Incomplete Story] Fiery Date [0.18.2] {CSC 0.17.3}

Version 1.10.0 released

The story is updated to be compatible with 0.18.2.
All changes are done with CSC for the 0.17.3 version of the game.

Changelog:
New story bits added.
Correct handling of new Katherine clothes.
ttant

Re: [Incomplete Story] Fiery Date [0.18.2] {CSC 0.17.3}

Litttle typo:

Code: Select all

whille all your clothes fade away
Anyhow, french translation updated for 1.10.