[Complete Story] Katherine's Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Katherine's Party [0.12.4]

Updated first post to Katherine's Party 12.4.0

New version adjusts timing of post-coital actions to account for additional ~10 seconds of motion added after orgasm in 0.12.4 of game engine. Also a few other minor tweaks. No substantial difference in the story itself.
chimneyfish

Re: [Complete Story] Katherine's Party [0.13.3]

Updated first post to Katherine's Party 13.3.0, which takes advantage of new content available in House Party 0.13.3.

Changes include:
  • Added a new quest (Help from Above) that uses a new item introduced in 0.13.3. It provides an alternate, slightly simpler route to the end game. See the read me file for hints on getting and completing this new quest.
  • Added reactions when you grope the girls' breasts or butts, including during sex
  • Made the new 0.13.3 music playlist "play all" at the start. The TV controls it, like in the original story.
  • Additional scripting to keep the girls from wandering into the garage, since ProhibitLocation wasn't working
  • Vickie now likes to watch Rachael embarrass herself in person
  • Added a couple new miscellaneous item interactions
  • Other minor bug fixes and dialogue edits
I have not yet added Leah to this story. Sorry, but I want to wait until she has more Original Story content to build on.
ttant

Translation updated as well ;)
peter980

I think it is good idea with not rushing with Leah, since this story does take inspiration from events that can happen in Original Story, and full Leah story is not yet written.

Although, Leah does have interesting training scene that leads to bit of intimacy in Original Story, and it would be curious to see your take on that.

I do have one recommendation. Custom stories now support voiced background chatter, so it could be cool idea to pick and chose some chatter lines from original story to appear here too.

I have even made guide for this:
https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=867
peter980

I found one oversight.

TV Remote is not hooked to switch music tracks, like in Original Story.

And one bug:
For Vickie all radial options are not visible, if you do not remove her top.
My suggestion would be to hide Give option for Vickie during intimacy scenes, so all important options are visible.

Also noticed that some characters keep trying to get into garage (in my case it was Rachael).
If you already have restriction on garage walk points, it could be a bug with the game.
But there is one interesting workaround: For on door blocked trigger (for garage), do walkto cancel for all walkpoints in garage. Could work in a sense to make character not stop repeating going there.
peter980

Logical inconsistency (or is per design?):
Untie Ashley top
End conversation
Talking to her has her ask about way to dry her clothes. Yet at this point giving towel is not an option anymore
Same if you apologize and then end conversation
chimneyfish

Thanks Peter! New version with bug fixes and background chatter uploaded in first post.

Katherine really likes the background chatter idea. Anything to make her party feel more alive :twisted:

The remote is intentional because it's used for another purpose in the story. Didn't want to make it more interesting for the player.

I think the Ashley thing you're reporting is as designed. You have to ask her why she's distracted before you can give her the towel.

I think I've solved the girls wandering into the garage. They were trying to get to PlayerBeerPongPractice. Let me know if you still find them trying to go in there...
peter980

I think I found one more bug.

If you tell Madison that taking Ashley top is not very nice, you are left without any dialog options while still being stuck in dialogue. No way to exit exempt by Alt-F4.

And one minor one:
Finishing intimacy with Stephanie makes her stand up way to early compared to player character.

Also, on startup I found once Derek laying in the backyard. I assume this was not supposed to happen.
chimneyfish

Thanks! I fixed the Madison game breaker and added some events to try and keep Derek and Frank where they belong!

Not sure what to do about the Stephanie glitch. Looks like she's trying to get up to dance right away. I removed "Able to Dance" from her during intimacy, but it didn't help...
peter980

Check if Stephanie maybe has current move target. Exempt that, I have no idea what could be the reason.

In other news, having periodic that cancels walk to garage location every second makes difficult to read debug log, due to message "spam".
My suggestion: add to every walkto cancel action criteria that character has currentmove to location that would be canceled. That way, cancel will only get triggered if character did had walk target to garage locations.

Regarding story flow, I realized that garage part of story it totally optional. You can finish the story without those parts being explored at all.
Also, if you do get to garage after beating Katherine, you can't talk to Patrick about that.

In future iterations of the story, it could be interesting to somehow use VR room. Maybe some sort of VR hacking game or something?