[Complete Story] Gone Bad Party [1.3.1]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
peter980

Re: [Complete Story] Gone Bad Party [0.12.3]

Version 1.14.1 released

Reworked previously added option to meet Vickie in hot tub (will be available if you haven't finished her test).
Vickie will not go to hot tub each time player has intimacy with anyone everywhere in the house (changed to be limited to Vickie testing the player).
peter980

Version 1.15.0 released

Improved a bit the intro quest that lets Vickie into the story.
Small tweaks to Vickie training.
Some minor refactoring.
ttant

French translation was updated :mrgreen:
peter980

Version 1.15.1 released

Just a bug fix that fixes issue with Madison when she had one action available when she should not be.

Next release will be for upcoming 0.12.4.
Baddieus

So I went through just about everything via the original story mod & just wanted to relay my compliments on a job well done, I found no major issues other than those already in 12.3. I did notice however when swapping partners that the original partner will sometimes have their arms within their rib cage and it is a bit distracting, but not sure if anything can be done before next patch. I was also curious to ask about where Ashley's inspect option in the radial was swapped with her "blowie" action, I wanted to see if after all the other ladies after having been previously inspected & were now in love with the player, if the same style option (BJ or Blowie) could be swapped out & made available for all of them?
peter980

Baddieus wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:41 pmI was also curious to ask about where Ashley's inspect option in the radial was swapped with her "blowie" action, I wanted to see if after all the other ladies after having been previously inspected & were now in love with the player, if the same style option (BJ or Blowie) could be swapped out & made available for all of them?
Due to limited amount of actions in the radial menu, not all girls will have all options. The option you got with Ashley is due to reward for completing her side in Humiliate Ashley opportunity. Several other girls have special options, either by completing some opportunity, or by finding other way to unlock it.
ttant

Maybe there is a workaround to solve that issue :
You kept the radial menu with 4 option :
* talk
* inspect
* give
* playtime

When you select the 'playtime'option, instead of going directly to business, you can add few lines like:
Female NPC: Ok, how ?
Player anwers: Classic, doggy, ride me, eat out, blow me...

And when in position, you change the radial menu to:
* end sex
* talk
Here talk display the same dialogs that 'playtime' option just above.
peter980

The reason I have not done it like that is the original scope of the project, where I decided to not touch original character files, where dialogue data is, exempt the Vickie one.

Originally, I only wanted to edit Original Story.story file and nothing else, but then there was no way to set up reactions, so I picked Vickie character file too.
In hindsight, I could have also picked Phone Character, but when I started this project, phone character was not part of original story (0.8.8).

This also makes it much easier to maintain, since if I added new dialogues then I would need to change references on every new game release when new original story dialogue is added.

Eventually, I did break this a bit, by adding tablet interaction with Vickie, but that is small isolated section that could be easily modified, if new Vickie dialogue is added in the future.
Kevner

I think the Phone Call character is valid to create extra menus through dialogue and control certain events, and since there's not much content in that character file (a single line of dialogue) it would be simpler to update with the new Original Story updates.

In one of my stories I tried to keep the girls identical so I could just import them all and change the references without needing to build each one up, so when adding new features it would all be controlled from one place. Works for events too, but it's not without problems. Currently in the CSC you can't refer to events for the Phone Call character to trigger from dialogue or other events (might be able to get around that directly editing the file, I don't know that's more your area of expertise,) so they need to be self-triggering. This meant I had to add certain events to one of the proper characters anyway... (And I learned the hard way that you can't just import between Phone Call and a normal character. When I tried that so much was broken I effectively had to rebuild it, and it still seems like there are things broken that aren't showing up in the CSC because of it.)

It's fine for dialogue though (except for in 12.3 when it broke for a little while.) To free up some space I swapped all the player clothing options for a single 'clothing' button, which brings up dialogue responses to select how you want to dress. For the girls I like having options on the radial menu during intimacy, but yeah that does mean a lot of editing with multiple criteria and everything needed to hide what you don't want, and unless you're keen to add exponentially more values and criteria you would need a separate though identical set of dialogue for each girl. Has there ever been a discussion about expanding the radial menu in a future update? That would help.

For the sake of immersion though it might not be the best option here anyway, since this is a mod to the original story which uses the Phone Call character and there's no way to change character names on the fly (I think?) you would either get a voicemail from 'Menu' during the Ashley quest or your new menu is someone on the other end of the phone with no narrative explanation..

It that's not a concern though I don't think it's too late to start using the character, even just for new stuff you might want to add.
peter980

One more thing I could or not toy with is have one radial option set some variable to =1 for total of 2s.
And while it is =1, to hide all existing options to show different options. Like fake submenu.