[Incomplete Story] A deal with the Dark One *Very Extreme Story* [0.18.2] {CSC 0.18.2}

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
DigitalSerpent7

Re: [Incomplete Story] A deal with the Dark One *Very Extreme Story* [0.18.2] {CSC 0.18.2}

Oh and I make the deal with Ashley to watch her back and there is nothing else to do.
matcauthon137

Re: [Incomplete Story] A deal with the Dark One *Very Extreme Story* [0.18.2] {CSC 0.18.2}

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:59 pm I am still at a loss with this.

My only option for Amy is rape. My only dialogue options for Madison are the intro ones which make her mad. And even if I rape Amy, I miss opportunities. Then, after talking to Derek, the only option I have is Later, Derek.

Can anyone provide some hints here?
And I have the latest one installed.
Right now, forcing Amy is the only complete path, because it was the shortest and easiest to write. Also, in regards to missing opportunities, that is intentional. It won't matter which path you choose with the girls, it will cause you to miss other paths. It kind of makes sense. If you force Amy, for example, it would make total sense for you to no longer be able to seduce her.

Now all that being said, much of Madison's blackmail path is done. You can toy around with it. I should have that one done in a few days, it's really complicated to introduce without it breaking other parts of the game completely.

Check the original post. On advice from one of the other people on this forum, there is now a section that tells you which paths are complete, which ones partially work, and which ones aren't available yet. Also, keep checking back, those will be updated as new versions are released.

Watching Ashley's back is going to be part of Madison's blackmail path. That path works to a point, and like I said, should be complete very soon.

Finally, and probably most importantly, it seems like you've run across an intentional feature that I don't want you to think is a bug. At the beginning of the game, most of the characters are locked. That's why Amy only has a "Rape" option, and why you can't talk to anyone else. You will need to perform specific tasks, and/or talk to certain people to unlock other people. Just as an example, Madison in her room at game start, and the only option available is "Rape" which is totally functional since game is designed for her to be alone. But, you won't be able to talk to her until after you talk to Derek. Then, you'll notice on the right side of the screen a popup that says, "Madison unlocked". Now you can talk to her. It works the same with the other characters. Amy is unlock-able at this point, it's just that her paths aren't written yet. Once you unlock the other characters, most of them still have their default sexual paths, with a few exceptions. All the sexual paths with the other males have been disabled. Leah's path has been disabled. Rachael's path is functional, but her compubrah path has been disabled. However, I made her repeatable so that shouldn't matter much. Almost all of Madison's paths are also disabled. Stephanie's primary path, the one with make Kat sick, is disabled. These paths that I disabled, were for game-play reasons, as they were interfering with the code necessary to write in the new paths.

Hope this helps a little.
"Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo, and the computers aren't even on their feet yet." -Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park
DigitalSerpent7

matcauthon137 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:46 am
DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:59 pm I am still at a loss with this.

My only option for Amy is rape. My only dialogue options for Madison are the intro ones which make her mad. And even if I rape Amy, I miss opportunities. Then, after talking to Derek, the only option I have is Later, Derek.

Can anyone provide some hints here?
And I have the latest one installed.
Right now, forcing Amy is the only complete path, because it was the shortest and easiest to write. Also, in regards to missing opportunities, that is intentional. It won't matter which path you choose with the girls, it will cause you to miss other paths. It kind of makes sense. If you force Amy, for example, it would make total sense for you to no longer be able to seduce her.

Now all that being said, much of Madison's blackmail path is done. You can toy around with it. I should have that one done in a few days, it's really complicated to introduce without it breaking other parts of the game completely.

Check the original post. On advice from one of the other people on this forum, there is now a section that tells you which paths are complete, which ones partially work, and which ones aren't available yet. Also, keep checking back, those will be updated as new versions are released.

Watching Ashley's back is going to be part of Madison's blackmail path. That path works to a point, and like I said, should be complete very soon.

Finally, and probably most importantly, it seems like you've run across an intentional feature that I don't want you to think is a bug. At the beginning of the game, most of the characters are locked. That's why Amy only has a "Rape" option, and why you can't talk to anyone else. You will need to perform specific tasks, and/or talk to certain people to unlock other people. Just as an example, Madison in her room at game start, and the only option available is "Rape" which is totally functional since game is designed for her to be alone. But, you won't be able to talk to her until after you talk to Derek. Then, you'll notice on the right side of the screen a popup that says, "Madison unlocked". Now you can talk to her. It works the same with the other characters. Amy is unlock-able at this point, it's just that her paths aren't written yet. Once you unlock the other characters, most of them still have their default sexual paths, with a few exceptions. All the sexual paths with the other males have been disabled. Leah's path has been disabled. Rachael's path is functional, but her compubrah path has been disabled. However, I made her repeatable so that shouldn't matter much. Almost all of Madison's paths are also disabled. Stephanie's primary path, the one with make Kat sick, is disabled. These paths that I disabled, were for game-play reasons, as they were interfering with the code necessary to write in the new paths.

Hope this helps a little.
Thank you so much for replying. I guess I was looking for a little guidance as to what quests CAN be done either fully or almost fully. I definitely understand the missed opportunities as that is how the original game is played. Perhaps if I explain what I DID do, maybe you can help me figure out where I went wrong.

For blackmailing Madison, I went the route of giving Ashley Madison's phone and she told me to get the diary. Now, I am not sure if this is the way or it was still left there from the original story. However, when I go to use the paper on the gastronomy book, it says I shouldn't do it with the door unlocked. So, I went to get the key off of the fireplace mantle and it wasn't there. I looked everywhere for it.

If I am not mistaken, Vickie is available to come to the party, but I don't have the option to "use" the tablet after taking it. I am guessing there is another way. So, I don't know how I would pursue Rachael.

I will recheck the original post though. Thank you again, and keep up the hard work. I understand how challenging it must be. I actually have a script for a mod, but I just don't have the time to learn CSC.
DigitalSerpent7

I think I know what is wrong....maybe.

The file to download in the original post...is it the latest version? I ask because I don't see an attachment anywhere else.
matcauthon137

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:25 pm Thank you so much for replying. I guess I was looking for a little guidance as to what quests CAN be done either fully or almost fully. I definitely understand the missed opportunities as that is how the original game is played. Perhaps if I explain what I DID do, maybe you can help me figure out where I went wrong.

For blackmailing Madison, I went the route of giving Ashley Madison's phone and she told me to get the diary. Now, I am not sure if this is the way or it was still left there from the original story. However, when I go to use the paper on the gastronomy book, it says I shouldn't do it with the door unlocked. So, I went to get the key off of the fireplace mantle and it wasn't there. I looked everywhere for it.

If I am not mistaken, Vickie is available to come to the party, but I don't have the option to "use" the tablet after taking it. I am guessing there is another way. So, I don't know how I would pursue Rachael.

I will recheck the original post though. Thank you again, and keep up the hard work. I understand how challenging it must be. I actually have a script for a mod, but I just don't have the time to learn CSC.
I edit the original post everytime I update, so the one in the original post is the latest version.

Madison's blackmail path starts the same. So you did that right. Give her phone to Ashley, get the diary, open pics on phone, then give phone back to Madison. Tell her you should talk about the pics on the phone. That is where the similarity to the original game ends, and the start of why coding this path became a nightmare.

Here are a couple of hints, that will hopefully help without spoiling too much, and at least let you know how far you can go before the next update.

You'll notice, if you go into the bathroom when the game starts that Mads phone is not there. In fact, it won't appear until you need it. I.e. when you ask Mads where the bathroom is. The key follows the same logic. It will be on the mantle, but you wouldn't go to a party and start randomly locking yourself in rooms in order to steal shit. So you need a reason to be in Madison's room. When you find a reason to be in there, the key will appear. Maybe if you had a girl that you were going to bang? That might be a good alibi for locking yourself in a room.

Hint 2...the coding nightmare, and the reason this is going to be my favorite path. In order to blackmail Mads, you're going to have to unlock and then seduce almost every other girl at the party. The reason for doing that is explained over time in the story, but for this path you gotta bang all the other girls (except Leah and Britt). This is why the girls are locked at the beginning of the game and why Rachel is repeatable. The girls unlock when doing certain tasks, or talking to people. However, the ability to seduce them is in a specific order, specific to the blackmail path.

Hint 3...You'll have to sleep with these girls more than once, and their repeatable sex is sometimes locked until other conditions are met. It's a long path filled with alot of sex, but thematically it works. Example...once you unlock Kat, you can seduce her in the normal game fashion. But, you won't be able to aske her for seconds until you complete Frankly, I don't trust you, which is completely different than in the original game, so pay attention to the dialogue of each character. Alot if it looks the same as the original game (this is a sequel where you went back in time to a party that already happened, so much of it should happen the same way). But there are changes to the dialogue too, so watch yourself and don't click through too fast. Now when you do unlock Kat's repeatable sex, pay attention to the differences to the 2 sessions. (Don't worry, you can enjoy the sex scenes. The differences are after your done, while she's getting dressed. And there's even a pop-up to help point you in the right direction.) Once you unlock Stephanie's dialogue, I haven't coded anything beyond that yet.

Lastly, your Vickie question. Seduce rachael the same way you normally would. If you impress her in the bedroom, she may invite Vickie to the party herself.

Hope this helps you out.
"Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo, and the computers aren't even on their feet yet." -Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park
DigitalSerpent7

Wow. That was beyond informative and it helps a great deal. Thank you kindly. I will try this all out!
ttant

Note: i edit some post to remove quotes of quotes of quotes of quotes, which are completely useless as those were just the post above. :mrgreen:

Translation of previous version still valid with the February 8th version.
DigitalSerpent7

Ok. So I took all your advice. This is how far I got without spoiling anything. I figured maybe it could provide assistance going forward with updates.

1. I managed to seduce Kat. The dialog pops up about her and Madison but the clothes for Kat don't match the dialog.

2. I know what to do for Frankly, I just don't trust you, but as of now, Kat is the only person to seduce and the door has to be locked so...not sure where to go.

3. Giving Mads the phone and mentioning the nudes completes the blackmail but misses the seduce, but when we go to her room, the only option is posing. Not sure if this was intended because you said the only way to complete the blackmail was to seduce all the girls (besides Britt and Leah) first. On top of that, Ash isn't happy about the blackmail.

4. In order to pursue Rachael, I need Pat's phone which means I have to give him the painkillers which misses an opportunity for Amy. Again, not sure if this is intended.

I am basically curious as to how I can seduce all the women when one option makes you miss another opportunity. I am sure it will fit together in future updates. I also need to figure out how to unlock Steph's dialog.

I love how this is non linear, but it is also easy to get lost when trying to pursue all the girls.
matcauthon137

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:45 pm Ok. So I took all your advice. This is how far I got without spoiling anything. I figured maybe it could provide assistance going forward with updates.

1. I managed to seduce Kat. The dialog pops up about her and Madison but the clothes for Kat don't match the dialog.

2. I know what to do for Frankly, I just don't trust you, but as of now, Kat is the only person to seduce and the door has to be locked so...not sure where to go.

3. Giving Mads the phone and mentioning the nudes completes the blackmail but misses the seduce, but when we go to her room, the only option is posing. Not sure if this was intended because you said the only way to complete the blackmail was to seduce all the girls (besides Britt and Leah) first. On top of that, Ash isn't happy about the blackmail.

4. In order to pursue Rachael, I need Pat's phone which means I have to give him the painkillers which misses an opportunity for Amy. Again, not sure if this is intended.

I am basically curious as to how I can seduce all the women when one option makes you miss another opportunity. I am sure it will fit together in future updates. I also need to figure out how to unlock Steph's dialog.

I love how this is non linear, but it is also easy to get lost when trying to pursue all the girls.
Thank you for testing my story and all your feedback. I compiled an update this morning, but couldn't upload it because I was already late for work. I'll upload tonight when I get home.

1. This is a bug I already found. It was an issue with how the game was attempting to read Mads clothing state. Fixed in this update.

2. Once you progress with Mads a little more, Frank will give you the camera back. That takes care of the locked door.

3. This is where alot of people report getting stuck. Tonight's update will add thought bubble hints that get you through this part. About Ashley being mad...CRAP, I totally forgot to remove that dialogue. Its a hold over from the original. You shouldn't be able to ask her a about the diary after giving the phone back. I'll add it to the to-do list for the next update. Also, this shouldn't complete the blackmail opportunity. This has been fixed in tonight's update.

4. Yes, giving Pat the pills will fail the Drug Amy path. Once her drug path goes live, you'll have to drug her before giving them away. But, that path isn't available yet.

There will, in the end, be multiple endings, depending on the methods you choose for Amy and Mads. I'm working on the first, which combo will be force Amy and blackmail Mads. After thats done, the other paths will be coded and go live one at a time.

Steph unlocks her dialogue when she sees you hard, but her seduction path isn't available in the story line yet.

The update for tonight goes a little further. Off the top of my head, I think it goes up to Vickie arrival.
matcauthon137

Update Version 0.6 (edited original post, file in original post is the latest update)

Removed game breaking dialogue from Ashley (not the dialogue mentioned in previous post, this was compiled before I found that bug)
Fixed Link issue with Kat-Madison where game would falsely read mads shoe as off
Fixed Blackmail quest so that it doesn't complete early
Added a couple hints to a common place people get stuck in the blackmail path
Fixed bug where you could release Mads too early
Story progression, still not complete