[Incomplete Story] A deal with the Dark One *Very Extreme Story* [0.18.2] {CSC 0.18.2}

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
matcauthon137

[Incomplete Story] A deal with the Dark One *Very Extreme Story* [0.18.2] {CSC 0.18.2}

***WARNING*** This story is not morally grey! It is dark. VERY DARK! This story could easily offend people. If you do not want to be offended, stay away! Includes non-consensual, incest, blackmail, etc... Again, do not download if you are easily offended. If these things are not your cup of tea, please do not download.

*Incomplete story* I'm still working out the bugs and will continue to update this story as I progress. Please let me know if you find any bugs I have missed. Y'all will be my beta-testers. (Complete paths: Force Amy) (Paths in progress: Blackmail Madison, Force Madison) (Not started paths: Drug Amy, Seduce Amy, Seduce Madison, Get Madison Drunk)

Alot of the content of the original story. But heavily edited. Recommend you play through the original story first to avoid spoilers.

You are the Dark One, a powerful wizard with evil magic. For centuries, you used your magic for personal gain, but mind controlling women into sex eventually became boring. In an effort to entertain yourself, you began offering your services to mere mortals.

18 years ago, you provided services to this man. Derek. He was poor, sterile, and on the brink of divorce. Your magic provided the money and power he needed for the artificial insemination, the new fancy house, and the happy life he's led.

All magic, however, comes with a price. And it's time to collect.

Updated files will go here and be replaced as updates are added.
A deal with the Dark One.zip
(3.78 MiB) Downloaded 453 times
French translation
Last edited by matcauthon137 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
"Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo, and the computers aren't even on their feet yet." -Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park
matcauthon137

Re: [Incomplete Story] A deal with the Dark One *Very Extreme Story* [0.18.2] {CSC 0.18.2}

Ok, updated some bugs.

Added hints in the form of opportunities and popups.
Fixed Amy's toe stub mechanic
Fixed Rachael and Pat's fight mechanic
Added quests for both Amy and Madison
Corrected some typos
Smoothed some dialogue language that didn't work
Fixed Amy's sex mechanic
Tweaked Leah's story
Fixed a glitch in the blackmail path
Fixed a glitch with the liquor cabinet
Tweaked Katherine's story
Last edited by matcauthon137 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo, and the computers aren't even on their feet yet." -Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park
peter980

Re: [Incomplete Story] A deal with the Dark One *Very Extreme Story* [0.18.2] {CSC 0.18.2}

I've noticed that you left in .txt files you probably used during development.

Also, it may be better to just update the first post with a new attachment, instead of putting the new version in follow-up post.
matcauthon137

peter980 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:22 pm I've noticed that you left in .txt files you probably used during development.

Also, it may be better to just update the first post with a new attachment, instead of putting the new version in follow-up post.
Crap! You're right! I zipped the wrong file. Done! The one up top is now the update. Good catch, thanks!
peter980

Quick review:

1) Into is very well done. More story creators should look into creating this kind of cinematic start, if possible.
2) Not always clear when you unlock the option to talk with other characters. Some are available from start like Brittney or Leah.
3) You are naked all the time. What this intended?
4) I feel that I am breaking the story very often, leading to bugs. Not sure if I'm actually attempting to do parts of Original Story that I was not supposed to have access to or not.
5) Later interactions with Derek have his default dialog. Not sure if this is intended as a time-saving measure, but is not explained in the game.
6) During the start sequence, you should remove abletosocialize state for Derek, so he does not do background chatter during into.
7) Yes, it is indeed a dark story.
8) There is some bugginess with beds. VR and bedroom bed, with characters sliding down from them.
matcauthon137

peter980 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:41 am Quick review:

1) Into is very well done. More story creators should look into creating this kind of cinematic start, if possible.
2) Not always clear when you unlock the option to talk with other characters. Some are available from start like Brittney or Leah.
3) You are naked all the time. What this intended?
4) I feel that I am breaking the story very often, leading to bugs. Not sure if I'm actually attempting to do parts of Original Story that I was not supposed to have access to or not.
5) Later interactions with Derek have his default dialog. Not sure if this is intended as a time-saving measure, but is not explained in the game.
6) During the start sequence, you should remove abletosocialize state for Derek, so he does not do background chatter during into.
7) Yes, it is indeed a dark story.
8) There is some bugginess with beds. VR and bedroom bed, with characters sliding down from them.
1) Thank you.

2) I wasn't sure if I should add in those hints or not, didn't want to make this too easy. I'll try adding in the unlock notifications to see how it goes.

3) Yes, this was intended. It will be explained later on.

4) I do still need to remove parts of the original story, it's on my to do list.

5) I can see how that would be confusing. He is intended to go back to it, I'll add in a little clearer explanation a little later.

6) I hadn't thought of that. This is my first attempt at a story. Thanks for the advice. I was trying to do it with timing and it wasn't working so well.'

7) Yes, it is.

8) I noticed that. I'm going to clean it up once I add in the rest of the storyline.

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the feedback. I'll continue to work on the story and add updates as I can.
matcauthon137

Update

Removed some game breaking dialogue options from certain characters Derek, Ashley, Patrick, Amy, Katherine, Frank (still have others to do)
Fixed Katherine's quests so they don't auto-complete
Added unlock notifications when characters become available
Fixed Amy's "forced" path to make it repeatable once successfully completed
Tweaked cinematic intro to improve immersion (removed background chatter from cinematic)
Added more story explanations to certain characters
matcauthon137

Update

Update Katherine dialogue
Changed Amy's unlock criteria
Updated Frank's quests to match new storyline
Tweaked Derek's dialogue, some of it didn't make sense
Increased the chances Amy would stub toe
*Full storyline still incomplete and in progress
matcauthon137

Update Version 0.4

Removed game breaking dialogue from Madison, Ashley
Progressed Kat's story
Progressed Madison's blackmail path
Fixed bug with Amy's "catch player with another character" mechanic
Fixed bug with Madison getting naked when she gets in hottub

*Storyline still incomplete

**Major bug identified in blackmail path where certain characters are not getting dressed correctly. It is on the to-do list and should be corrected with the next update.
DigitalSerpent7

This looks cool, but I am stuck. There are limited people to talk to and any time I seduce Madison or Amy I get beat up. Any hints would be appreciated.