[Translation only] The wingman [0.15.5]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
ttant

[Translation only] The wingman [0.15.5]

All credits to waldalder for creating this custom story (available only using the in-game feature).

:arrow: Only available from in the game. Click custom stories at the upper right from the main menu.
Sadly, forum and in-game feature use separate accounts. You may need to create another account there to download this custom story.

This story is written in Swedish and i'm pretty sure most of people playing HP doesn't read that language (me neither).
Anyhow, thanks to lots of online translator and context, I manage to translated it into English so I (and you) can better understand the text.

Some parts are still poorly translated, as I can't read Swedish or Norway.
It would be great if some natives can help me create a proper translation :mrgreen:
Note: i'm not English native either, so there might be some typos or other errors, but it should be as readable as this text.

Also, please note that HP engine assume all CS to be in English (which is NOT the case here). So you have to select Real english in the Language combobox.

French translation will come later, when the English will be finished.

Installation:
1. Download the zip file.
2. Go to the Eek\House Party\Mods\Languages folder (on windows: C:\Users\$$username$$\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Languages)
3. Move the zip file in that folder
4. Right click, extract here.
5. Delete the zip file

If you see a Wingman-translation folder, you did not follow the instruction: at step 4 you did extract to */ instead. Not a big deal, just go into the "Wingman-translation" folder, and cut everything here (only one folder), go back one folder and paste everything there.
Attachments
Wingman-translation.zip
(86.76 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
ttant

Re: [Translation only] The wingman [0.15.5]

Feel free to report any bad translations / inconsistency like:
When player give vodka to NPC, action name is "Drink" but should be "Take shoots".

This will allow me to fix the translation faster ;)
DigitalSerpent7

Am I missing something? Where is the actual mod file for this to play it? I don't see it.
chimneyfish

DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:16 pm Am I missing something? Where is the actual mod file for this to play it? I don't see it.
Only available from in the game. Click custom stories at the upper right from the main menu.
peter980

I do see that story has some bugs, due it being made for 0.15.5.

For example, the character with Frank model will try to get to the bed, but will not be able to, due to walkpoint he used not working in 0.16.5.

I tried story a bit, and was not able to progress much. I guess there may be some other bugs, not sure. Translation is rough, but you can get idea about what is happening.

Still, I do like the premise of the story.
ttant

Thanks for testing the translation ;)
LLLeon2017

Ok.. I have the translation for "The Wingman" now where do I get the story? :o
LLLeon2017

chimneyfish wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:47 pm
DigitalSerpent7 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:16 pm Am I missing something? Where is the actual mod file for this to play it? I don't see it.
Only available from in the game. Click custom stories at the upper right from the main menu.
I tried using that link tool but it asks for a login process using email address not Eek account login ID.

Do we have to create a new account (so we have 2 accounts on EEK.com) to log into the download story
link next to Patrick on the story selection page? This seems more troublesome than it needs to be. ;)
ttant

Sadly, forum and in-game feature use separate accounts. :roll:
LLLeon2017

Strange question? Again for this story my second?

There are three of these so far that I myself would like to try the story out.. :cry:

Where can I download this story at? I can not find it in the stories listing..

I posted the same question to all 3 translation information posts..

:?: