No NPCs spawn as of 0.14.4 update

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
VicTheButcher

No NPCs spawn as of 0.14.4 update

I've never had any problems with previous versions of the game, but as of this new update there are no NPCs spawning when I start a new game or load an old save. I've reloaded old versions of the game and the problem persists. I've allowed an exception in malwarebytes for the game location in steam and for the files in my documents folder and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I haven't seen any other suggestions to try to fix this issue; any suggestions? Also, if I verify my game files after each launch, 4 files are always found missing.
eekdon

Re: No NPCs spawn as of 0.14.4 update

Hey there, in the interest of time I am going to just copy and paste a solution that has worked for a few customers who ran into this issue:

Did you see any red error text on the main/title screen?

First, follow the guidance in this link thoroughly: https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=732&p=3653

Then, make sure the game is closed and go into Steam, and right-clicking on House Party. Click Properties. Click Betas. Click an older version like 0.13.3. Let the game "roll back".

Once "updated", go BACK into Properties -> Betas and click NONE. Let the game update.

Run the game. Once you hit the main menu, select a different story from the dropdown first like Date Night With Brittney, THEN select the Original Story again, and hit Start New Game.