Stephanie Alternate Path

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
OmnislashXX

Stephanie Alternate Path

Yeah so, this is bugged to all hell. I think I spent nearly two hours going back to save spot, trying to make sure thing were set. But the pathing on these characters is so fundamentally screwed up, I don't even know where to start. First Kat runs to the bathroom. The timing there is horrible, right away she screams and doesn't even give you the chance to see Frank bust the door down. But the worst part is Stephanie. Standing in the middle of the hallway is not a good idea when multiple characters are walking through a narrow hallway, screwing the pathing up for her anyway. She runs to the art room, back down to the hallway, back up to the paint room. Then when she asks you to leave, she runs out of the paint room, thereby negating any attempt to bust down the door and prevent her from whiffing paint.

If you want to fix this all, I suggest any characters that have nothing to do with these events will not walk through the hallway, and I suggest that Frank will not run to bust down the door after Stephanie is notified. Holee sheet.
OmnislashXX

Re: Stephanie Alternate Path

Maybe you should collect all of these bugs and file them under "The NPC is moving weird" topic.

Last night's play through saw me attempting to do Madison's storyline "The Muse". The problems started when Mads got me into The Art Room. First, she wouldn't even stand still, she kept trying to leave. It was also odd because I had to pose for her and she wouldn't even face me. Finally, she attempted to get me into her bedroom, but instead kept walking into the laundry room and into the dryer. I couldn't get her to reset either, even with a warpto command she kept walking back to the laundry room. Further complicated was the fact that Leah was doing the same thing. I tried loading a saved game but still had the bug. Luckily an earlier save got me out of it, but damn.
eekdon

Re: Stephanie Alternate Path

I think the system we use to make characters "face" another NPC while talking to them (if they have them as the designated speakingTo target) is causing some of these issues. Will have to give it some more testing myself. The hallway thing is touchy. Can't prevent them from walking through the hallway towards the stairs, as that would require limiting the movement of every NPC that is trying to go upstairs, to any movetarget, for any reason. We're trying to play nice with Unity's navmesh system in this regard, but need to keep working on it; high volumes of pathing control like that isn't something that gets handled in the story.