A potentially game breaking bug

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
hotspot

A potentially game breaking bug

Hello everyone!

I just encountered a potentially game breaking bug in my last play trough. Though I am not exactly sure if it really counts as a bug, but it did made me lose hours of progress in the game, so I consider it as such all the same.

I am not exactly sure what I did, but while playing, Frank started attacking me for whatever reason. (I must have done something to upset him without noticing it.) Realizing I hadn't saved my game for the last hour or so and not wanting to lose any progress, I ran from him and somehow managed to lock him up in the upstairs bathroom. It made me feel really smart for a second there, thinking I found a solution all by myself, without even checking over the net. He was still running towards the door nonstop (and badly clipping), but I thought he would either give up after a while, or he would actually headbutt the door again like he did during Kathrine's quest and knock himself out again. Surely the developers must have thought of this outcome, right? (Really, I am not blaming anyone, I am just talking about my thought process during playing the game.)

So I kept playing, doing quests, knocking boots and so on. Several hours had passed and thinking I should save more often, I saved my game as often as I could, overwriting my previous saves because there is a save limit. Several hours had passed, I kept thinking everything was fine and bug free until I needed to talk with Frank again during another quest.

That was when I realized he was still running and trying to attack me even after several hours of time. He didn't give up or knock himself out at all. It was like he didn't even realize he was locked up. (Well, to be fair, he really didn't because they probably didn't even think about this possibility while developing the game.) Not only did it made me lose hours of progress, it basically made me lose my entire progress because I had already overwritten my old saves and even if I hadn't, no one would be thrilled about losing that much progress.

I am sorry if this is a known bug, but I couldn't find anything over the net and wanted to let it be known. Thanks for reading!
DJStabs

Re: A potentially game breaking bug

Well I wouldn’t call it a bug. Getting Frank to fight you is pretty much a game over sentence. Locking him up is just putting off the inevitable. Sorry to say, it was just a bad move on your part lol.

There is a way to get Derek to come to your rescue, but it’s a one-off. Choose the “be a friend to Derek” route during The Muse. Thoughts and prayers for your game progress though.
eekdon

Re: A potentially game breaking bug

As the above poster said, this is intended. Now, is it realistic? No. Is it how we'll leave Frank's behavior forever? Possibly not. But we also can't have him easily knocked out by every locked door, nor can we have him bust through every door like the Juggernaut.