House Party v14 glitches

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
MistyXXX

House Party v14 glitches

You know I'm sorry to be a bit abrupt about this, but seriously the graphics are fine once the graphics at least work for everyone. Stop tweaking the graphics when it works for everyone, because every time there is a graphics tweak, it might create issues for some people! No offense this graphics tweaking is a bit becoming obsessive rather than focusing on the story content once the graphics are beautiful enough and work for everyone. Fix the issues, stop tweaking the graphics when it works for everyone, and focus on story content please! It's not going to be ultra real ok. This game has been going for how long and there is a bit of obsessive amount of tweaking graphics that make the game unplayable with graphical bugs or glitches with updates being released for some people. V12.3 is the last version that was fine for me. I'm seeing the lastest updates and some people are having graphical issues/game crashing stating here on forums. I just got the lastest v14 and for some reason the main character is a spiky ball mesh of disaster :shock:. The same exact thing on last version of House Party I tried before this one perhaps v13.3 or whatever version? There is something that is causing mesh textures not to load properly or read properly by optimization. The option A or B thing in the graphics menu might be the culprit or causing graphics cards to not pick it up quickly? I really don't know what the problem is? Everything else shows properly except main character, later black screen after walking around for a few minutes with constant game crashes every time I run game. From the crash logs it states memory leak big allocation of file loading, which means mesh textures are not distributed properly for some graphics cards not to understand some code. I read somewhere on Unity forums that meshes can cause building memory leaks if it not set properly. According to my crash log that is what it stated with big allocation, so it seems that is the problem, so that's all I know. I tested my memory ram and it's fine. So really it's not my problem on my end. Stories don't distribute properly in my documents folder, so that is another problem I noticed and had to copy from other locations from streaming assets like app data.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit abrupt, but it's absolutely frustrating when new releases come out and it's a waste.
Last edited by MistyXXX on Fri May 24, 2019 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
MistyXXX

Re: House Party v14 glitches

https://answers.unity.com/questions/722 ... -leak.html

https://forum.unity.com/threads/memory- ... hes.58469/

I'm very resourceful. I hope this helps? If not I don't know what is causing problems for some people, including myself.
Last edited by MistyXXX on Sat May 25, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eekdon

Can you provide a screenshot of this spikey ball disaster? I don't mean to sound dismissive, but we make graphics optimizations and tweaks since we have to make the game look and perform the best we can for the majority of users. Alpha and beta releases are the best time to do this, simple as that. This may resolve itself in the next Alpha, or the Beta, or even the Public release. The graphics never work "for everyone", unfortunately. The best we can do is make sure they work well for everyone on our team, benchmark any performance changes, see how they work out for *most* Patreon Patrons, and then review feedback from Steam users. If you specifically have issues, we can try to work them out here, but if our entire team fails to reproduce any graphical issues and we have measured improvements in performance across 6+ low-ish to high-end computers...that's going to be logged as a win for us until we get feedback that is significantly contrary in both nature and volume.

And can you expand on what you mean by "stories not distributing" in your Documents folder? The \Stories folder in \Documents\Eek... is no longer used for official stories we provide. Those now go directly to the \HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets, which is wherever your HousePart.exe is located.
MistyXXX

Then why does it create a folder in my documents folder, but empty content? Nevermind. Anyways I deleted the game off my computer. The best way to describe the graphical glitches is that I see mesh model going everywhere on the main character and the mesh slightly blocks my view. Everything else displays just fine. Walking around for a few minutes and then black screen with game crash. The main character walking around, I feel like a puffer fish. I have no idea what is going on?!
MistyXXX

I'm trying to help. I'm stumped. Sometimes you just have adjust a setting to make it universal.

The glitch is like this, so I found an example.This is how the main character looks while playing, but with skin color and black mesh. Yeah like a walking puffer fish.

Everything else displays just fine.

Something might be causing a memory leak with settings in Unity? I can't really help you there. Hope the links help eliminate the issue during displaying some meshs to not cause a memory leak building issue. I'm really guessing at this.

I'll post here again. Pray it helps.

https://answers.unity.com/questions/722 ... -leak.html

https://forum.unity.com/threads/memory- ... hes.58469/

12.3 still runs fine for me. So I don't know what happened after that to cause a problem for me?
ttant

Just to be sure, does your GPU meets the game requirements ?
Because i got something like the gif you post when i come near a npc with my old computer (2009 laptop with hd4650m as gpu which no longer supported by the game)

House Party Recommended Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 or AMD FX-8350
RAM: 4 GB
Gpu: Direct X 11 GPU w/ 2GB Memory
Free disk space : 5 GB
eekdon

MistyXXX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:16 pm Then why does it create a folder in my documents folder, but empty content?
Because that folder is used for custom stories still, and there's no reason to force players to create it.

As for the mesh distortion issue, we did get some reports of models being distorted due to an issue with a new mechanic we added that relates to characters opening doors. This mechanic was introduced in 0.14.x, but doesn't impact characters immediately upon starting a game.

Sorry if you've already posted this, but I didn't see this in your post history: what GPU are you using and what driver version?
MistyXXX

Nvidia Geforce GT 325M Cuda (1GB RAM)
i5-450M 2.4ghz with Turbo Boost Technology (2.6-2.8ghz)
8GB RAM DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium

If everything else displays fine, except the main character, obviously it's an animation bug causing memory leaks. I don't know?

I walk around with no issues on FPS, everything else displays fine, just the main character is a walking blow-fish. Then black screen and game crashes after a few minutes. I can try to get the game from my friend again and test the game again to give a screenshot. However, very unlikely I can get to the camera in time. Might have to use my phone?
Last edited by MistyXXX on Fri May 31, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter980

GT 325M is pretty "ancient" GPU. I'm surprised it even starts the game.
MistyXXX

It's not that old to be ancient. Well 2011 or so. I got the better ASUS N61JV-X4. 450M is the better one as compared to 430M one. The computer literally breathes hot air like a dragon! Like it's supposed to :D . So the laptop never gets hot at all. Typically anti-aliasing blah blah (stuff like that-I have no idea what it is really-I'm not really technical-I see how high I can go) FXAA at 4X-8X and high ambient occlusion; sometimes higher depending on game. Playing a MMO those are my settings just about without any problems. The card can handle 16X, but it's kinda slow when lots of people are around, unless playing the Sims3 LOL. It's the Cuda cores that are designed so well I guess? The card hit the sweet spot for lots of mobile use of high graphics games. That's all I know about it by experience and researching. It's a $700+ laptop once it was bought years ago. It's really the Intel Graphics that are :|. The graphics settings are set for Intel (desktop) and Nvidia (gaming); uses Optimus Technology.

If this game only takes i7 processors now? The game developer (aka Bobby) needs to stop tweaking the graphics so much. 12.3 of House Party runs fine for me. Ok it runs on low setting, but dynamic lighting, shadows, and all that etc are displayed just fine without any problems. So yes it's kinda old, but the card can handle well. It's just some glitching in this game that is not on my end.

The desktop I'm on right now is ancient Nvidia Geforce 6150SE (THAT'S ANCIENT) LOL. I don't game on this desktop.
Last edited by MistyXXX on Fri May 31, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.