Player clothing glitch, sequence questions (0.12.4)

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
fighteer

Player clothing glitch, sequence questions (0.12.4)

I've found an issue with the player's clothing flags in 0.12.4.

After completing Madison's Muse opportunity, Derek will demand the player's pants. If, after this, the player has repeat intimacy with Stephanie, the player's pants will reappear. The radial menu option to remove them isn't available. This results in the player being permanently stuck unable to remove their pants (without console commands).

In this particular game, I completed Stephanie's intimacy opportunity before Madison's, so I had the chance to ask for a repeat and inadvertently triggered the bug.

Some other minor things:
* To complete Smooth Operator: Ashley, you have to throw beer on Madison. This radial prompt seems to disappear if you clean Ashley's clothes -- at least, I wasn't able to trigger it after doing so. It is not clear what order the player is supposed to take the actions in to ensure that the opportunity remains possible to complete.

* During Vickie's opportunity, you have to make Ashley like you. However, I had Ashley's relationship meters maxed at the time (best friends/love), so it doesn't make a great deal of sense that I still had to go through the remaining steps. Also, once I managed to get to the next step with Vickie without completing the Redemption opportunity. It's unclear what enables this. All I can think of is that having removed Ashley's top at any point forces the player to complete Redemption. Is this accurate?
eekdon

Re: Player clothing glitch, sequence questions (0.12.4)

fighteer wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 pm I've found an issue with the player's clothing flags in 0.12.4.

After completing Madison's Muse opportunity, Derek will demand the player's pants. If, after this, the player has repeat intimacy with Stephanie, the player's pants will reappear. The radial menu option to remove them isn't available. This results in the player being permanently stuck unable to remove their pants (without console commands).

In this particular game, I completed Stephanie's intimacy opportunity before Madison's, so I had the chance to ask for a repeat and inadvertently triggered the bug.

Some other minor things:
* To complete Smooth Operator: Ashley, you have to throw beer on Madison. This radial prompt seems to disappear if you clean Ashley's clothes -- at least, I wasn't able to trigger it after doing so. It is not clear what order the player is supposed to take the actions in to ensure that the opportunity remains possible to complete.

* During Vickie's opportunity, you have to make Ashley like you. However, I had Ashley's relationship meters maxed at the time (best friends/love), so it doesn't make a great deal of sense that I still had to go through the remaining steps. Also, once I managed to get to the next step with Vickie without completing the Redemption opportunity. It's unclear what enables this. All I can think of is that having removed Ashley's top at any point forces the player to complete Redemption. Is this accurate?
Thanks, I can look into the issue with the player's pants not following the rules of Derek's "punishment".

As for the two minor things: 1) Some of Ashley's content will cancel out her Smooth Operator, as Smooth Operator is meant to be accomplished by getting close to Ashley without doing anything directly "to her" or "for her" in terms of actions/items, and the tossing of beer on Madison is meant to be kind of a "gotcha!" moment towards Madison available for players that strongly disagree with her plan for her Ashley. So if you clean Ashley's clothes, you're arguably a bit past that point. However, we are aware a lot of older content needs to be massaged. I can make a specific note of this circumstance, but there will always be lapses in complete freedom and subjective interpretations of what "makes the most sense" will always be unavoidable. 2) If you have undone Ashley's top in any way, there will be a "Redemption" like set of tasks Vickie will have you do. If you have not, then she will simply ask you to do something to show Ashley how much you're into her.