[SOLVED] AMD Radeon HD legacy video cards and unity

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
unityhelper

[SOLVED] AMD Radeon HD legacy video cards and unity

Tried to run House Party on AMD Radeon HD6770M and AMD Radeon HD5750. Game not worked, sometimes just black screen, sometimes crashed after 1-5 sec of running story. Main menu works fine.
Latest driver version from 2016 year and there will be no updates as this videocards are legacy.
I just add "-force-feature-level–10–1" to command line and all works fine now. This parameter is for unity, so it will help with another unity games on this videocards too. There are another feature levels if you have more legacy card :) https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.2/Documen ... ments.html (at the end of the page)
Hope it will help somebody.
eekdon

Re: [SOLVED] AMD Radeon HD legacy video cards and unity

Hey, good feedback thank you! I will add it to our troubleshooting guidelines.
unityhelper

If you copied string from https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.2/Documen ... ments.html there are wrong characters. "–" (EN DASH) instead of "-" (HYPHEN-MINUS). Replace minuses by hand. In my first message they are wrong too.

-force-feature-level-9-3
-force-feature-level-10-0
-force-feature-level-10-1
-force-feature-level-11-0
eekdon

Yeah I caught that too before I put the instructions up in our troubleshooting docs. Thanks though!
TheZX

Hey how does one go about doing this?
eekdon

You can add these command line options via Steam's Launch Options (see below copy-paste), OR, you can add them to the "target" of a shortcut.

Right Click on House Party in your Library
Choose "Properties"
Click "Set Launch Options"
Paste into text box the command line option
Click "OK"
Click "Close"

To add command line options to a Windows shortcut, see this article, as I think it lays it out pretty simply: https://www.lifewire.com/command-line-p ... es-3399930
Tzimanious

Hello! I had the same problem and the parameters seemed to fix it for me aswell... I got a Radeon 6790

However, when I start the game and I approach a character it gets like this and if I move back away again, it goes back to normal. Also, sometimes it gets normal just for a split second then goes back to this.

I tried lowering the res to like 720p so it doesn't overload my gpu (maybe thats what was causing the problem) but it doesn't make any difference.
eekdon

Tzimanious wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am Hello! I had the same problem and the parameters seemed to fix it for me aswell... I got a Radeon 6790

However, when I start the game and I approach a character it gets like this and if I move back away again, it goes back to normal. Also, sometimes it gets normal just for a split second then goes back to this.

I tried lowering the res to like 720p so it doesn't overload my gpu (maybe thats what was causing the problem) but it doesn't make any difference.
Hey there, was this your post in Steam?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/611790/d ... 709496132/
Tzimanious

Yeah it was mine. I tried some of the things you said but it didn't work and I figured maybe someone else might have had the same problem and help here. Not meant to disregard your tips. I'm gonna try some more since I wasn't online much today and I'll redownload it if nothing else comes up.

Should I make another thread so people can actually come and look for this thing specifically?

Thanks!
Tzimanious

So! (My GPU is RADEON HD 6790 1GB)

I deleted the entire game and deleted every folder you said. I then downloaded the BETA Drivers from AMD's site. Installed those instead and then redownloaded the game. It seems to work just fine without any parameters!

The folders I deleted.

C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME-HERE\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\
C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME-HERE\AppData\Local\Temp\Eek\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\House Party\
C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME-HERE\Documents\Eek\

Then delete this registry key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eek\House Part