12.4 Bug List

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Baddieus

12.4 Bug List

Howdy ya'll … I played through 12.4 but not all options yet, however did find the following bugs so far ...

Katherine - Tempered Rum sequence where she is outside about to run in there was no audio relaying she is heading for the bathroom, however I've also noticed that it might be due to distance where the player could not hear, which does affect other scenes when a character is to far away. Maybe turn the distance audio back up just a bit?

Madison - Art Room talk sequence, her audio did not play for the line before the player's " .. so individualistic" comment, all the others played just fine. When painting however she did face the door instead of the easel for 1/2 the sequence.

Vickie Hot Tub - 1st test … she used to say "I didn't even have my mouth open" but now just has the agasp look on her face for longer than usual & sits down for the part after that line … all else seems to be working fine for this sequence.

Ash & Patrick catching up … Ash was in her chair but Patrick was not in his … I did find him later seemingly stuck in Ashley's closet where you could talk to him through the crack, but he couldn't leave. Amazingly this did not interrupt Ash's BJ scene or Amy's 1st playtime scene, but he was in there for both. (After a re-load & some time later he did finally show up back outside)

After the Vickie/Ash closet scene & after being able to hold out for Vickie in the Hot Tub, the initial sex with Ashley was going fine until after the voicemail finished playing, then the players O-meter sped up to end the scene (not sure if that was intentional) and after the scene the player is now "resting" and that O-meter is not going back down as usual … so no more playtime with anyone after that :cry:

Frank's confession - the build-up to get Derek & Madison together includes a line about finding who sold his brother the meth, and after the Ashley ending the player could directly ask Frank & he would just confess ... however that line is not currenlty available in this playthrough or maybe the option to get it changed?

Spinning in front of the garage door … I have seen other characters doing this in 12.3, but here in 12.4 it only happened once when I asked Stephanie to follow for a "lesson". I went to Madison's room and after waiting long enough I found her walking in circles in front of the garage, however just my presence freed her up and she came along as expected after that.

Inflammable pizza box … this has been that way through all versions … just throwing it out there that the pizza box doesn't burn when thrown in the fire-pit which could be useful for breaking up Patrick's & Ashley's catching up talk ...
Baddieus

Re: 12.4 Bug List

OK, replaying seems that Patrick will teleport behind the player during the conversation with Ashley about sky animals, which is probably how he got stuck inside of Ashley's closet on my last play through. On this run I had the conversation outside sitting on the patio couch which put him behind that structure entirely, and during the conversation Amy waked up & talked some ambient dialog to Patrick through me as if not there and in the middle of Ashley's dialog.

For the Art Show I did the "Howz it goin …" achievement and after the 'intimate moment' Frank did not return to his stool but rather stayed naked and stopped on the stairs even after waiting/wandering for 10min. Also after the Frank episode Madison's dialog still starts with the pop-up about her looking at the player as art like before the sculpture show, which should probably not happen unless there is a 2nd chance to pose for her after that.

The Derek recording loop thing ... if too far away from him being upstairs in front of Madison's bathroom will not hear audio. Not sure if that 1 sequence can be separated from the character distance muffling, but might be helpful ...
eekdon

Baddieus wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:28 am Howdy ya'll … I played through 12.4 but not all options yet, however did find the following bugs so far ...

Katherine - Tempered Rum sequence where she is outside about to run in there was no audio relaying she is heading for the bathroom, however I've also noticed that it might be due to distance where the player could not hear, which does affect other scenes when a character is to far away. Maybe turn the distance audio back up just a bit?

Madison - Art Room talk sequence, her audio did not play for the line before the player's " .. so individualistic" comment, all the others played just fine. When painting however she did face the door instead of the easel for 1/2 the sequence.

Vickie Hot Tub - 1st test … she used to say "I didn't even have my mouth open" but now just has the agasp look on her face for longer than usual & sits down for the part after that line … all else seems to be working fine for this sequence.

Ash & Patrick catching up … Ash was in her chair but Patrick was not in his … I did find him later seemingly stuck in Ashley's closet where you could talk to him through the crack, but he couldn't leave. Amazingly this did not interrupt Ash's BJ scene or Amy's 1st playtime scene, but he was in there for both. (After a re-load & some time later he did finally show up back outside)

After the Vickie/Ash closet scene & after being able to hold out for Vickie in the Hot Tub, the initial sex with Ashley was going fine until after the voicemail finished playing, then the players O-meter sped up to end the scene (not sure if that was intentional) and after the scene the player is now "resting" and that O-meter is not going back down as usual … so no more playtime with anyone after that :cry:

Frank's confession - the build-up to get Derek & Madison together includes a line about finding who sold his brother the meth, and after the Ashley ending the player could directly ask Frank & he would just confess ... however that line is not currenlty available in this playthrough or maybe the option to get it changed?

Spinning in front of the garage door … I have seen other characters doing this in 12.3, but here in 12.4 it only happened once when I asked Stephanie to follow for a "lesson". I went to Madison's room and after waiting long enough I found her walking in circles in front of the garage, however just my presence freed her up and she came along as expected after that.

Inflammable pizza box … this has been that way through all versions … just throwing it out there that the pizza box doesn't burn when thrown in the fire-pit which could be useful for breaking up Patrick's & Ashley's catching up talk ...

OK, replaying seems that Patrick will teleport behind the player during the conversation with Ashley about sky animals, which is probably how he got stuck inside of Ashley's closet on my last play through. On this run I had the conversation outside sitting on the patio couch which put him behind that structure entirely, and during the conversation Amy waked up & talked some ambient dialog to Patrick through me as if not there and in the middle of Ashley's dialog.

For the Art Show I did the "Howz it goin …" achievement and after the 'intimate moment' Frank did not return to his stool but rather stayed naked and stopped on the stairs even after waiting/wandering for 10min. Also after the Frank episode Madison's dialog still starts with the pop-up about her looking at the player as art like before the sculpture show, which should probably not happen unless there is a 2nd chance to pose for her after that.

The Derek recording loop thing ... if too far away from him being upstairs in front of Madison's bathroom will not hear audio. Not sure if that 1 sequence can be separated from the character distance muffling, but might be helpful ...
Thanks for your feedback! I don't mean to be short with you but there's some work I gotta do this weekend to prep for our next content push, and bugs I need to log and possibly test today :? So, I'm just gonna bullet point my response:
  • For the various audio distance/"silent" VA issues, yes that is a 3D/distance-based audio thing. This is a tough solve because all sound originates from the characters themselves. We can look into it and see if it is possible to implement a "play audio at player transform/position" option in our story creator/Unity. Perhaps another approach would be to re-tune the absolute minimum volume of voice audio when said audio is tied to on-screen dialogue. On the other hand, there's also something to be said for the player choosing to "follow the action" and therefore be close enough to hear the VA.
  • Do you mean her big, long rant where she talks about "the man" and using vernacular? There are a number of things that could have happened. I'd need to know more about exactly what happened as that dialogue fired. For her positioning re: the door/easel...was there an NPC outside the door as this "paint and pose" sequence started? Again, I'd need more detail to be able to pin down what happened.
  • The "I didn't even have my mouth open" is a generic line she uses when she *isn't* supposed to be involved in an intimacy act with a player. This was an intended change.
  • I'd need to know details on what actions were taken prior to the "Family Time" sequence, starting from before Ashley talks to you about Madison's phone when Pat interrupts, to the moment you noticed Patrick in the closet. BTW a stuck character can be fixed with the "unstuck" command, e.g. "unstuck patrick" in the command console.
  • Will have to take a look at the Ashley/Vickie combination of content when doing Ashley's prank. Sorta got a chance to touch on it this last update, but possibly not enough.
  • The question to Frank about Derek's brother isn't directly tied to that content.
  • Also seen this bug as well. In front of the garage door and sometimes in front of the slider door seem to be problem spots still for NPC nav. We're still looking into it.
  • The pizza box thing is more of an idea than a bug :P A good idea, but not sure we'd have time to implement it. Technically *nothing* in the house is flammable...except the player's ass, with the introduction of the new achievement in 0.12.4.
  • This makes sense. We're still working on safe resolutions to warps and post-combat wakeups. Until then the console (` or ~ on US keyboards, ö or ò or other on non-US) command "unstuck patrick" would move him to the nearest safe move target spot, without disabling achievements.
  • I'd need details about your playthrough to know how this occurred. The Madison thought bubble thing is easier to pin down; I know why that's happening.
Grabbing debug logs with the F5 key and then hitting the "Save" button are a good way to help us troubleshoot many of these. You can always post them here (be aware they may contain your Windows user name, so just delete/edit that if you care), or PM me, whichever works best.
peter980

One thing that needs to be taken care is locations that are permanently locked. Like that closet in Ashley room.

There is still danger that some story warp to character can put someone there inaccessible. Like in example above with Patrick.

Alternative is just to add doors everywhere so those locations can be accessed. Although it would be kinda weird, since they are not populated with the stuff.