Clipping-Developer Question

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Jason1214

Clipping-Developer Question

Have you guys found anything relevant that might be causing certain users to fall through the floor after intimacy? It happens just as the players are getting back up when it finishes and camera switches to normal view. Same with hot tub as I get swooshed to the kitchen or just outside hot tub as camera switches to normal standing view. This is on Steam 0.11.3 as per previous post I have tried multiple things on my end, including deleting the whole game with eek folder and re-installing.

It never happened on older versions of the game, so this is not a weird thing with my computer system.

Going back to maximashlie post it looks like this started around August 1st. Not sure if it was anytime before as I stopped playing for a while and just recently started back up. If I sounded rude in my last post about maxiemashlie I had no intention of doing so. As someone that works on computers I am trying to provide you guys as much detail, but also a little frustrated on my end.

Specs
Using an hp pavilion laptop i7 with Win 10
Quad core processor with 8GB ram
Intel UHD graphics 620
peter980

Re: Clipping-Developer Question

Me, as a user, have never gotten this in 0.11.3 (in official unmodified original story), so it would be interesting to get the posts of other users how many do they get this problem and how many do not.

Maybe it is specific set of conditions needed to get this happening?
DanL58

peter980 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:09 pm Me, as a user, have never gotten this in 0.11.3 (in official unmodified original story), so it would be interesting to get the posts of other users how many do they get this problem and how many do not.

It just happened to me again. After the Chasing Amy quest, was in spare bedroom and I went down on Amy. When finished I was stuck half way through the floor next to the bunk bed / desk. Not sure where Amy got warped to.
Jason1214

DanL58 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:34 pm
peter980 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:09 pm Me, as a user, have never gotten this in 0.11.3 (in official unmodified original story), so it would be interesting to get the posts of other users how many do they get this problem and how many do not.

It just happened to me again. After the Chasing Amy quest, was in spare bedroom and I went down on Amy. When finished I was stuck half way through the floor next to the bunk bed / desk. Not sure where Amy got warped to.
Yes, this happens to me too with characters getting stuck in the environment. Nothing specific needed to have you or the other get stuck or fall through the floor. It happens every time when you first get up after intimacy and get ready to stand.
Jason1214

Could it be related to a laptop touchpad as a mouse? Not sure if you guys tested the Steam version on a laptop. Just curious as sometimes they do crazy things to games, but really only seen that on old games so far.

Doubt it though as side stories don’t have this problem.
Jason1214

Ran test command on a new game and if you do it downstairs all seems normal. Only happens in the hot tub and upstairs.
peter980

Any upstairs location, or some specific?

Is it 100% reproducible on your end or it happens on random?

The strangest thing is that usually bugs like these are universally reproducible, and not happen to the couple of people.
Jason1214

peter980 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:47 am Any upstairs location, or some specific?

Is it 100% reproducible on your end or it happens on random?

The strangest thing is that usually bugs like these are universally reproducible, and not happen to the couple of people.
That is weird. It seems like any upstairs location and is 100% reproducible on my end.
peter980

This is really weird.
Could it be some calculation error in Unity that happens only on some configurations? Or even some driver configurations.

I'm stumped....
Jason1214

peter980 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:56 am This is really weird.
Could it be some calculation error in Unity that happens only on some configurations? Or even some driver configurations.

I'm stumped....
I’m not sure. Leaning less on driver configurations and more with something with Unity calculations possibly as side stories don’t have that issue present and older versions, up to about 0.8 for sure, this was not even a thing.