Can't Start New Game on Update 11.3

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
patriarchmorgan

Can't Start New Game on Update 11.3

I just started up House Party after update it....so the first time I loaded the game I couldn't actually start a new game, but I changed my screen size to full screen because for some reason the game didn't start in that mode, and then the New Game button become available after that. Then once I was in the game the characters didn't have their voices at all.

Trying to fix the no voice problem, I exited the game for a restart and once the game got to the main menu I couldn't load a new game the button is just grayed out, I've tried everything from going to past versions of the game, putting it in testing mode, re-installing the game, changing windows compatibility, verifying game files, everything and nothing worked, I thought I found the solution when I deleted my documents eek folder completely and then re-installed the game but after thinking that worked, I tried closing and restarting the game again and noticed that the problem seems to be the game not downloading the stories from the servers making accessing the game and languages impossible, the exact message that is in green and won't leave is " Downloading latest stories from servers...please wait" and that's it, I won't be able to access the new game option.

Update (possible solution) : Ok it seems the game just takes a VERY long time to connect to its servers, I closed and restarted the game 7 times and the wait time can be anywhere from 5- 20 mins before the game connects to the servers.
eekdon

Re: Can't Start New Game on Update 11.3

patriarchmorgan wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:06 am I just started up House Party after update it....so the first time I loaded the game I couldn't actually start a new game, but I changed my screen size to full screen because for some reason the game didn't start in that mode, and then the New Game button become available after that. Then once I was in the game the characters didn't have their voices at all.

Trying to fix the no voice problem, I exited the game for a restart and once the game got to the main menu I couldn't load a new game the button is just grayed out, I've tried everything from going to past versions of the game, putting it in testing mode, re-installing the game, changing windows compatibility, verifying game files, everything and nothing worked, I thought I found the solution when I deleted my documents eek folder completely and then re-installed the game but after thinking that worked, I tried closing and restarting the game again and noticed that the problem seems to be the game not downloading the stories from the servers making accessing the game and languages impossible, the exact message that is in green and won't leave is " Downloading latest stories from servers...please wait" and that's it, I won't be able to access the new game option.

Update (possible solution) : Ok it seems the game just takes a VERY long time to connect to its servers, I closed and restarted the game 7 times and the wait time can be anywhere from 5- 20 mins before the game connects to the servers.
You may want to look into firewall and network security software you have installed/running. "games.eekllc.com" (even better the entire eekllc.com domain) should not be blocked, throttled or interfered with in any way in terms of access. You may also want to ensure that HouseParty.exe is allowed access to network resources or given priority. This could also be a geographic issue, or a VPN problem.

These folders and all their subfolders and files should also be ignored/excluded from any anti-virus, anti-ransomware, etc. software you might be running:

C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME-HERE\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\
C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME-HERE\Documents\Eek\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\House Party\
(^^^ HouseParty.exe is located in the above folder ^^^ for Steam users, otherwise it's just wherever you downloaded the standalone files)