0.11.3 Clipping and few Other Issues

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Jason1214

0.11.3 Clipping and few Other Issues

Hi,
Wanted to repost as I saw a Steam discussion new post about an hour ago with fixes and it mentioned Vickie clipping. I am still getting clipping issues with all characters during intimacy and after intimacy with Vickie in hot tub I ended up back in the house somehow. Sorry if It seems like I post a lot, but just wanted to make you aware of any issues I encounter to make this the best possible experience.

In 0.11.3 characters are still glitching through floor after sex during all positions. It includes both me and the other person. More so the other person it seems, but just had mine go through the floor with Katherine. Not using any mods and not using custom story. This is original story on Steam that came with the game.

Sometimes too characters get stuck in the floor after intimacy.

Also had one playthrough where after intimacy Ashley’s legs were sticking through the ceiling while I was downstairs and she was just stuck there.

If it is any consolation, overall this does run better than the last version with less issues. I would say clipping, Ashley and Madison’s hair showing grey during lighting, and occasionally characters getting up to leave when they shouldn’t during quests, such as Vicki leaving during hot tub training occasionally are the only issues I experience.
Last edited by Jason1214 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eekdon

Re: 0.11.3 Clipping and few Other Issues

Jason1214 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:20 pm Hi,
Wanted to repost as I saw a Steam discussion new post about an hour ago with fixes and it mentioned Vickie clipping. I am still getting clipping issues with all characters during intimacy and after intimacy with Vickie in hot tub I ended up back in the house somehow. Sorry if It seems like I post a lot, but just wanted to make you aware of any issues I encounter to make this the best possible experience.

In 0.11.3 characters are still glitching through floor after sex during all positions. It includes both me and the other person. More so the other person it seems, but just had mine go through the floor with Katherine. Not using any mods and not using custom story. This is original story on Steam that came with the game.

Sometimes too characters get stuck in the floor after intimacy.

Also had one playthrough where after intimacy Ashley’s legs were sticking through the ceiling while I was downstairs and she was just stuck there.

If it is any consolation, overall this does run better than the last version with less issues. I would say clipping, Ashley and Madison’s hair showing grey during lighting, and occasionally characters getting up to leave when they shouldn’t during quests, such as Vicki leaving during hot tub training occasionally are the only issues I experience.
And you're using the Steam version, with no [testing] or [0.11.3] next to the game title in your Library (indicating a different/testing version, which no one should use unless directed)? Have you tried uninstalling it, then deleting C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Eek\ entirely, THEN reinstalling?
Jason1214

I am using the Steam 0.11.3 version. Not using the testing one at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling too. It is original story only that has this problem. I don’t remember seeing it in side stories. Not using any customs either.
eekdon

Jason1214 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:52 pm I am using the Steam 0.11.3 version. Not using the testing one at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling too. It is original story only that has this problem. I don’t remember seeing it in side stories. Not using any customs either.
Did you also delete the Eek folder I pointed out?
Jason1214

I did try that too, but it still happens. With Vicki in hot tub I still end up back in the house a lot after. Also, me and Ashley ended up in the kitchen after intimacy in her room too. Surprised it can’t be repeated. A few others on here reported same things too.

Using an hp pavilion laptop i7 with Win 10
Quad core processor with 8GB ram
Intel UHD graphics 620

Tried various graphics settings, even on low, and still get same results.
Jason1214

Early versions of House Party did not have the issue after intimacy of falling through floors into other rooms, characters getting stuck in floor, or ending back up in another room after intimacy in hot tub.

Something changed that later caused this to happen.
Jason1214

This has been ongoing since 01 August and was reported by Maximashlie. How is there not a fix? Has testing been done with Steam version on various laptops by any chance?

maximashlie
Sex scenes
Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 am

After sex with anyone I end up in the room below. (eg) Master bedroom after climax i'm in the garage,
erasmus
Re: Sex scenes
Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi, are you using a custom story when playing the game? Or, are you using ANY downloaded story files you got from this forum or another website that you may have copy/pasted over the Original Story files?

Which characters are going through the bedroom into the garage, and does this happen anywhere else in the house? Are you initiating this intimacy as part of the story, or via a console command? Finally, does this happen after all intimacy acts/positions, or just some?
Jason1214

Nothing new yet with characters falling through floor if intimacy upstairs or transporting to kitchen if intimacy in hot tub? :(
eekdon

Jason1214 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:18 pm This has been ongoing since 01 August and was reported by Maximashlie. How is there not a fix? Has testing been done with Steam version on various laptops by any chance?

maximashlie
Sex scenes
Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 am

After sex with anyone I end up in the room below. (eg) Master bedroom after climax i'm in the garage,
erasmus
Re: Sex scenes
Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi, are you using a custom story when playing the game? Or, are you using ANY downloaded story files you got from this forum or another website that you may have copy/pasted over the Original Story files?

Which characters are going through the bedroom into the garage, and does this happen anywhere else in the house? Are you initiating this intimacy as part of the story, or via a console command? Finally, does this happen after all intimacy acts/positions, or just some?
Because we cannot reproduce it. You may as well link to the entire forum post, in which I received no response at all (in such cases I try to verify but without further input, I have to move on to other QA tasks):

https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=386

If we cannot reproduce it internally (and we test a LOT...I personally have 2000+ hours of recorded QA video alone, in addition to misc. testing without the use of OBS/YT, Plays.tv, or gfycat) it's imperative that we're given as much info as possible about how this is reproduced. Because we're having such difficulty reproducing it and because a comparatively small number of users are reporting the problem (remember, we have roughly 300K sales on Steam, over 1500 Patreon patrons, and no small number of sales on GameJolt and Itch.io...if this was occurring in even 10% of our active-to-somewhat active install base...yeah), LOTS of information is going to be required.

Prior to releasing 0.11.3 we did "organic" (no console cmds) run throughs of story content and no one on the team reported this issue occurring, and I did not witness it either. In the next post I'll show exactly what I am seeing (at least via some quick console cmds), with a variety of graphics/game settings. The worst that happens (when playing with an intimacy combination that cannot happen outside of custom stories) is that Vickie moves from the hot tub center to the hot tub stairs, but she is still able to navigate.