0.11.3 Vicki Path Issue

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Jason1214

0.11.3 Vicki Path Issue

Not sure if this had anything to do with it but after completing smooth operator with Ashley and getting to continue with training on Vicki while she is in the hot tub she gets up and walk around making any progress impossible without commands, especially if you want achievements.

What is strange is that I completed a different path and this time Vicki stayed in hot tub after saying continue training. Seems to be a slight bug with where and when characters need to move. Last night no matter how many times I reloaded she kept leaving hot tub.

Also, saved just before intimacy with Ashley and now she is stuck standing, but no way to interact. Loading a saved game will not fix and can’t continue. I saved just before because characters have issues with getting stuck in the floor after intimacy. Either that or we just fall straight through and get stuck elsewhere. It makes it a chore to continue with training for Vickie.
Dkow5790

Re: 0.11.3 Vicki Path Issue

I have found that if you save in the middle of a quest that requires the character to do something specific, you effectively break the quest.

For example, you get Derek to talk to Madison and remove your top as the signal, if you save at that point the girls wouldn't go to the closet and Derek goes back to normal.

For vickie though, I haven't come across that issue yet with her, but I did get something similar with Amy at the end of her scavenger hunt quest. She was sitting there fine and I was interacting with her, then all of a sudden she gets up an walks away. The only thing that I thought it could have been that caused that was Vickie had walked into the hot tub and looked at Amy, so she possibly forced Amy to get up so she could sit down (she didn't and stood there and I brought Amy back to finish the quest).

So perhaps there is another character that is forcing Vickie to stand up in your play through and maybe you have the game saved at a point where the quest line gets interrupted for some reason.
Jason1214

How odd that you had that happen to Amy. Maybe a character did force her to get up either by looking at her and she wanted to talk or someone made her change spots so they could sit. In this case it was just me and Vickie in the hot tub and she just got up for some reason after. I had not saved anywhere during the Vicki quest either.

I do hope they fix the clipping issues, because the last version and this it has been forcing me to save often and in places I don’t normally as characters will get stuck in random spots. It would be nice if they give the game a way to save during a quest and to come back with it still remembering what to do that way no one makes that mistake and is possibly forced to restart the whole game. I can forgive minor things and if they fixed the one issue with clipping through floor during intimacy I would be totally happy. That is overall the main hangup for me since if I don’t save often, my other option is to restart way, way back and work my way back up after a character gets stuck, which gets tedious. Sure there are commands that could fix, but they stop achievements, which I am focused on collecting.
eekdon

We'll have to take a further look into characters breaking on save/loads. Some of that is story based, possibly, due to NewGame-only vs. criteria-free GameStart events, other aspects of the issues you describe might be on the backend.

As for the clipping through the floor we're having a lot of issues reproducing that, but we'll keep looking into it :geek:
Jason1214

It seems to be with all the characters and sometimes you end up in another room after intimacy. Sometimes you end up staying in the same room, but the other character falls through floor and ends up in another room while still talking to you.
Jason1214

Posted my specs in the clipping post.
peter980

Looking into some very old update notes it loks it was intentianal that current act of intimacy is not saved (character do not have sex on reload).

And based on my experience it applies to current pose information too. So in order to keep current pose on reload you need to add explicit gamestart event that would restore the pose, and have a way to detect criteria that pose needs to be active.
eekdon

Jason1214 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:22 pm Not sure if this had anything to do with it but after completing smooth operator with Ashley and getting to continue with training on Vicki while she is in the hot tub she gets up and walk around making any progress impossible without commands, especially if you want achievements.
As for this issue, you had only done Ashley's "Smooth Operator"? What about progress on Runner Runner, Sibling Rivalry, or any other part of Ash's prank vs. Madison? Any other quest content done? It's either something left Vickie's roaming on, or another story element forced her to move. If she's walking around like you said (from place to place) then it's a roaming issue. If she walks to one point specifically and stays there (Vickie only has...1-2 of these I believe), then it's a story WalkTo.