Game crashing after update

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

Re: Game crashing after update

Your GPU is old (no offense) but the drivers are the newest available for it, so that's good at least. Other than that the logs look normal with the major exception being that I have not seen that many library loading issues before (e.g. "Fallback handler could not load library..."), that's for sure. And unlike the XInput library, the other Unity libraries (which are critical to the game running) never return a "Found" message.

If you look up this error, you'll see that it comes up a fair amount with Unity titles: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Fall ... library%22

It causes crashes AND in several instances, the exact symptom you reported in another thread:
vrossi wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:46 am There is no flickering it just goes full black..
Have you migrated Windows from another disk drive lately, or migrated the install from another PC? What about Steam, did you migrate that lately or change anything in regards to your Library location?

Posting logs is great, but in your post history I do not see confirmation that you've done any troubleshooting steps. Based on the info above I have to conclude that, as of now, this is not an issue with the game. Or at least, it's not an issue with the game that we caused directly. Now that we're linked to Steam completely (we weren't before) that opens us up to a lot of systems interacting that were not before. I have put up several links to troubleshooting steps that have helped other users, so I am going to need you to actually step through those and report back with your findings. Here is the most important of those links again: https://steamcommunity.com/app/611790/d ... 789/?ctp=2

In addition to the steps linked above, one of the fixes I am seeing related to that error message is reinstalling Steam. You can do that by following these instructions, making sure especially to copy out your Steam Apps to a separate folder prior to fully uninstalling Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... &l=english
vrossi

downloaded the newest graphics software,
removed steam complete
put the graphics options off
I have no virus program installed
opened steam as adminstrator.
it all did't work,
im getting tyred of this S***

I did not changed windows lately..

Fuck this, its not my fault this last update screws it all up.

i'm not trying more effort and throw more of my freetime out of the window to fix something with no good outcome.
eekdon

vrossi wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:12 pm downloaded the newest graphics software,
removed steam complete
put the graphics options off
I have no virus program installed
opened steam as adminstrator.
it all did't work,
im getting tyred of this S***

I did not changed windows lately..

Fuck this, its not my fault this last update screws it all up.

i'm not trying more effort and throw more of my freetime out of the window to fix something with no good outcome.
Well I don't blame you, it's a pretty shitty situation. We've got a ticket open with Unity about this issue as it only seems like folks that have AMD cards have been affected thus far, with the one exception of a Steam user who has a higher end NVIDIA card. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's increasingly looking like something that is out of our hands. As soon as we get more feedback I can follow up with something that's hopefully more helpful.
vroom

The game used to work perfectly fine on my computers, but ever since the update I can't even get past the "press any button to continue" screen, meaning I don't even get as far as the menu, it just crashes. The "Crashes" folder is completely empty. Running Windows 10 with:
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Processor
ASUS Strix B250F Gaming, Socket-1151
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming
G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB

All of the software should be up to date as well. Would be great if you could find the underlying issue and fix it, really enjoyed this game but now I can't even play it at all. :|
eekdon

vroom wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:54 am The game used to work perfectly fine on my computers, but ever since the update I can't even get past the "press any button to continue" screen, meaning I don't even get as far as the menu, it just crashes. The "Crashes" folder is completely empty. Running Windows 10 with:

All of the software should be up to date as well. Would be great if you could find the underlying issue and fix it, really enjoyed this game but now I can't even play it at all. :|
Hey, sorry to hear about that. We're actively looking into it on our end and with Unity. Can you check out the following folder and PM or email (erasmus[at]eekllc.com) me the output_log.txt that should be there? Thanks!

C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party
eekdon

vroom wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:54 am The game used to work perfectly fine on my computers, but ever since the update I can't even get past the "press any button to continue" screen, meaning I don't even get as far as the menu, it just crashes. The "Crashes" folder is completely empty. Running Windows 10 with:

Alright so I take it you are playing on Steam?
vroom

Yes, I play it on Steam.
eekdon

vroom wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:14 am Yes, I play it on Steam.
Can you try uninstalling the free DLC (if you've installed it), then uninstalling the game and reinstalling it? Some folks have said that removing the DLC and reinstalling worked. When you delete the game, also make sure EVERYTHING in the Steam folder is deleted, as well as everything in these folders:

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\
C:\Users\sesa83994\Documents\Eek

Also make sure you are not running a "Beta" branch on Steam. There shouldn't be anything in brackets, like [XYZ], next to the game's title. This setting is configured under the game's Steam Properties -> Betas.

Also start making note of any non-Microsoft and in general, non-essential apps/programs that are running. This includes software from component manufacturers like Asus. Those have caused issues with a few customers recently as well; in fact one customer's ASUS Audio controller was causing a very similar issue.
vroom

Completely uninstalled the game, removed both Eek folders, re-installed it, made sure the DLC was not installed, the beta mode was not enabled, turned off Razer Synapse (don't think I have any other apps like it), ran it, still crashes once I press any key.
eekdon

vroom wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:01 am Completely uninstalled the game, removed both Eek folders, re-installed it, made sure the DLC was not installed, the beta mode was not enabled, turned off Razer Synapse (don't think I have any other apps like it), ran it, still crashes once I press any key.
Alright, drat. Can you also provide the following information please?

Get a DirectX Diagnostic (DXDiag) File:
1. Press the Windows Key and the R Key (Win+R) at the same time, or you can type directly into the Start Menu on Windows 8.1, 10, etc.
2. In the text entry/Run box that pops up, type dxdiag and click OK/click on the entry that appears.
3. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool is open, click on the "Save all information..." button.
4. Click the Save button to save the file as a text file to a convenient location where you can find the file later.

Get a MSInfo32 file:
1. Press the Windows Key and the R Key (Win+R) at the same time, or you can type directly into the Start Menu on Windows 8.1, 10, etc.
2. In the text entry/Run box that pops up, type msinfo32 and click OK/click on the entry that appears.
3. When the MSINFO32 window appears, click on File and select Save.
4. Click the Save button to save the file as an NFO file (must be a .NFO file type) to a convenient location where you can find the file later.

Get a list of running processes while House Party is running:
1. Start House Party, and before it finishes loading to the big intro page with the Press Any Key prompt, Alt-Tab out or access your Start Menu.
2. Press the Windows Key and the R Key (Win+R) at the same time, or you can type directly into the Start Menu on Windows 8.1, 10, etc.
3. In the text entry/Run box that pops up, type cmd and then right-click on the command prompt icon to "Run as Administrator".
3a. Confirm that you want to Run as Admin.
4. In the command prompt type (replace C:\ with a location convenient for you): tasklist > "C:\processlist.txt"
4a. This will save a .txt printout of all actively running processes to the directory/drive location you specify.

In the same PM thread we used before, can you send me the dxdiag file, the MSInfo32 file, and the processlist.txt please?

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're still looking into this with Unity!