Ping Pong Movement Suggestion

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Jason1214

Ping Pong Movement Suggestion

Just a suggestion, as I find it hard to get the ball into the cup on a laptop mouse, but can the movement be largely controlled by the game just on ping pong and maybe by sliding the mouse back it determines how far the ball goes? Of course, direction would still be controlled by the player. I think it would make it much easier and less frustrating, especially if this ever gets incorporated into the story. It is too hard as it stands now. I’ve gotten it in zero times.
eekdon

Re: Ping Pong Movement Suggestion

Jason1214 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:43 am Just a suggestion, as I find it hard to get the ball into the cup on a laptop mouse, but can the movement be largely controlled by the game just on ping pong and maybe by sliding the mouse back it determines how far the ball goes? Of course, direction would still be controlled by the player. I think it would make it much easier and less frustrating, especially if this ever gets incorporated into the story. It is too hard as it stands now. I’ve gotten it in zero times.
As it is now we don't plan on 'locking off' content behind a win/loss of beer pong. At most we're thinking of making it a background activity that you see other NPCs doing, as well as making it an optional path towards some content in the future.

Controls for it are still being tweaked; we don't want it to be overwhelmingly intense from a mechanical perspective.
Jason1214

Re: Ping Pong Movement Suggestion

Awesome, thanks! With practice I did manage to get 1 in at least, but would be much better tweaked.