Clothing

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Kevin1995

Clothing

This happen on all character when i type clothing all all on in command console. and this happen when i type clothing amy all on. there no bugs on shoes just bra and underwear through shirt and pants.
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (602.68 KiB) Viewed 5445 times
Last edited by Kevin1995 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
e2pii

Re: Clothing

Are you 100% sure you typed "off"?

I can't see the shoes but that appears to be the result of "clothing amy all on".

"help clothing" or "example clothing" should show the proper syntax.
eekdon

Kevin1995 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:20 pm This happen on all character when i type clothing all all on in command console. and this happen when i type clothing amy all on. there no bugs on shoes just bra and underwear through shirt and pants.
This is a known issue; it happens because the console doesn't really think too hard about the order in which a character's clothes should be put back on, and I don't believe we have ongoing checks to prevent this in the code or on any of the model objects. Hypothetically if you put clothes back on "out of order" in a custom story, the same thing would happen as well.
e2pii

I wouldn't consider this an issue so much as improper usage of "clothing". As I understand it, "clothing" is about what is visible (rendered) not what articles the character is "wearing." This is only going to happen after console usage or during a custom game where the creator didn't properly condition their "clothing x y on" statements, so it's not something for eek to worry about.

"clothing x all on" tells character x to show all their clothing, not to get dressed like the start of an Original Story game.
peter980

Some clothes are layered and can be applied at the same time. Like Madison top and bra.

Others are not, and having both items active leads to clipping. Like Amy underwear. So in those cases to fully cloth character you need to remove underwear items.
eekdon

e2pii wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:30 pm I wouldn't consider this an issue so much as improper usage of "clothing". As I understand it, "clothing" is about what is visible (rendered) not what articles the character is "wearing." This is only going to happen after console usage or during a custom game where the creator didn't properly condition their "clothing x y on" statements, so it's not something for eek to worry about.

"clothing x all on" tells character x to show all their clothing, not to get dressed like the start of an Original Story game.
Yeah, mostly this. There is something to be said about ease of use/common sense when it comes to external users creating their own content or using the console vs. how clothing is handled on the models in Unity or swapped in C# scripts. If we can, this is one of those things we'd like to make more intuitive for players and content creators, without having to impact back end systems.