options menu in normal mode can't get rid of it 9.6

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
redwings16

options menu in normal mode can't get rid of it 9.6

now when ever load a game wether its new or old i can't get rid of the otpions menu in middle of the screen i can look all around the and move just have that menu in the middle of the screen blocking everything. the only change to my computer is i recently updated my video drivers. i roll back to an older version like 9.3 it works normaly. thats only on ultra graphics setting if i go to high it goes away.
ttant

Re: options menu in normal mode can't get rid of it 9.6

As seen on discord :
For the ESC menu issue, start the application, but don't start a new game.
Go into the graphics menu, set the display mode to Windowed.
[20:47] erasmus: Restart the application, then start a new game while it is still in Windowed mode.
Once the game starts in Windowed mode, confirm that the ESC issue is resolved, then go into the in-game graphics menu and change the mode back to Full Screen.
Let us know if that doesn't work.

You may have some Windows user account issues causing that permissions message, or it could be an issue with anti-virus, anti-malware, etc. sort of security suites.
Those have caused a lot of issues for our users in the past.
You need to ensure that the directory containing the House Party downloaded files (with HouseParty_Data, HouseParty.exe, and the unity .dll file) has an exception, as should your user's \Documents\Eek folder.
redwings16

well i lowered the graphics settings and adjusted the framerate and it went away then switched back to the highest setting and its gone so not quite sure what was going on.
eekdon

redwings16 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 am well i lowered the graphics settings and adjusted the framerate and it went away then switched back to the highest setting and its gone so not quite sure what was going on.
Huzzah! It's never happened on our test systems but we've certainly heard of users reporting it. Interesting that it goes away on High...hadn't heard of that fix yet.