[0.9.2] What is proper order of events for ending Madison's prank on Ashley

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
peter980

[0.9.2] What is proper order of events for ending Madison's prank on Ashley

What I noticed that after ending Madison prank on Ashley, it could either:

1) give Ashley key, then later give clothes
2) give her clothes, then give her key to balckmail her to stay naked (!!!)
3) do just one those 2 actions

Some of the sequences do not seem right.
What is designed way of this encounter?
eekdon

Re: [0.9.2] What is proper order of events for ending Madison's prank on Ashley

peter980 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 pm What I noticed that after ending Madison prank on Ashley, it could either:

1) give Ashley key, then later give clothes
2) give her clothes, then give her key to balckmail her to stay naked (!!!)
3) do just one those 2 actions

Some of the sequences do not seem right.
What is designed way of this encounter?
Honestly this quest has been kind of buggy since before 0.8.8 and 0.9.2. You are supposed to be able to give the key to her and her clothes, or give her the key in exchange for her staying naked. You're also supposed to be able to get her panties from her at the end of Humiliate Ashley if you didn't get them already, but that technically ties into the latter of the two standard 'paths'.
peter980

I must also add that most players are unaware that keys can be given.

In my older playthroughs I was usually just unlocking the bathrooms for no reward.

But I see many states variables are set when doing giving key. In 0.8.8 the only way to get Ashely roam again was giving the key. Giving clothes or passive unlock do not help.

But in 0.9.2 it looks much more complex (and bug prone).

One thing for sure is that giving clothes, then key is silly. All other combinations make sense.
peter980

Update on this.

If you go with just giving clothes back (optionally unlocking without dialogue), then AshleyIsChanging always stays at 1, since it is only reset at 0, for giving clothes without pranking or by giving bathroom key.

This is currently only used for drinking subplot (so it can't be triggered when Ashley is changing).

IMHO, giving clothes should end anything that giving key is supposed to do and actually remove giving key as possible action...

Essentially, by giving key, you admit that have taken part in the prank. But, if you on the other hand just give clothes back, you do not officially admit it, and should have less repercussions.