0.21.1 Unable to Keybind D to Walk Backwards

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Flexinator

0.21.1 Unable to Keybind D to Walk Backwards

I have screenshots, but essentially even after deleting the existing bind for D (Strafe Right) and for S (move backwards), I am unable to rebind D to move backwards. It continues to show a message that D is already bound.

Worse, I can delete all keybinds, except controller, and still I am unable to bind D to move backwards. I have screenshots for this too.

Ooh, I've been able to attach the screenshots!
Attachments
Everything unbound except controller.
Everything unbound except controller.
20220216215406_1.jpg (626.9 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
Unable to bind Walk Backwards to D
Unable to bind Walk Backwards to D
20220216215412_1.jpg (688.2 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
Flexinator

Re: 0.21.1 Unable to Keybind D to Walk Backwards

Any thoughts on a workaround for this problem or is there a planned fix for it?
eekdon

Let me try to reproduce this and see if I can figure something out for you. Sorry for the delay. Totally swamped.
Flexinator

Greatly appreciated, and hang in there!

Not sure if this helps but I had played through the story but took a long break back in July 2019. At that time I was able to keybind D to walk backwards. I just came back to the game and am looking forward to playing through all the new content and changes added since 7/2019 and started out a new save but was unable to bind my move backwards as I had previously. From searching around in Steam discussions and on the forums here it does seem there had been a change to input handling/remapping.

I remap WASD to ESDF in every game I play, even with the usual impact of having to rebind whatever E and F were originally bound to. On the other hand I free up W and A for my own purposes!

Let me know if you need any config files, save file, registry entries, or other?

And again, thank you and keep up the great work!
eekdon

Huh, yeah, I see the issue. Can't bind 's' to anything either. We'll look into it!
Flexinator

eekdon wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:16 pm Huh, yeah, I see the issue. Can't bind 's' to anything either. We'll look into it!
Awesome, thank you so much, very excited!!
barusarumiku

I'm also an ESDF player, so definitely appreciate you working on this issue!
Flexinator

barusarumiku wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:01 am I'm also an ESDF player, so definitely appreciate you working on this issue!
That is awesome!! Aside from one friend I got to remap to ESDF I thought I was the only one. Decades of remapping, but then again fingers get to remain on the home row and use stronger fingers for the key presses!

Glad to know there are others out there using ESDF!!!
peter980

I'm kinda curious, what goal are you trying to accomplish by moving all movement keys by one key to the left?
Flexinator

For me, if I have my fingers on the home row my left pinky is on the A and it is my weakest finger. I switched to ESDF more than 20 years ago and while every once and awhile I have to get creative in other keybindings to free up E or F, usually it works out fine and it is just what I have been used to after all these years. I appreciate the game developers continue to support flexibility in keybinding remappings for accommodate different players.