[0.21.1] Slightly Silly Restart Glitch

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
BiggusMickus

[0.21.1] Slightly Silly Restart Glitch

I started a new game (original story), wasn't far in & everything was going fine, but I made a whoopsie & Leah caught me giving Rachael her Thermos. So, naturally Leah starts attacking, and of course I did the brave thing of running away. I ran to the closet in Madison's room, hoping to block myself in, but I ran too slow and she caught me as I was entering the closet, then knocked me out, right on the threshold of the closet door.

Being extremely clever, of course I hadn't saved the game, so I selected "restart" from the pause menu... This is where things got silly.

Instead of the intro cutscene watching TV, I was standing in the player's apartment, arms & legs flailing about as if I was plummeting from a great height. I could look about, walk around, run, enter combat mode, throw punches & exit combat mode. I could expose the winky with the "P" key, but couldn't bring up the radial menu with "E". I could pee and masturbate. Couldn't interact with anything but I suspect that's because there's nothing interactable in the player's apartment. The whole time arms & legs flailing about like the bit in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey where they fall to hell.

I paused and hit "Restart" again, same thing happened. I quit to the main menu, started a new game again, and the same thing happened. I restarted the game & all was fine. In hindsight, I wish I'd tried loading a save to see what happens for diagnostic purposes, but I didn't think about it at the time.

Now, I'm no game dev, but I suspect that when Leah whooped me & I fell over, I ended up clipping through the floor of the upstairs slightly causing the game engine to think I was in freefall & it somehow got stuck like that... But I'unno.

Not a hugely problematic glitch... Technically it's game-breaking I suppose, 'coz it required a restart to fix, but I was more amused by it than anything else. Got to explore the player's apartment which was fun for a while. Thought I'd best report it anyway. 10/10 would glitch again. :)
eekdon

Re: [0.21.1] Slightly Silly Restart Glitch

Weird, must've been a really strange fluke as I am unable to reproduce this in 5 different tests using the command console (passing out on closet threshold), and was also unable to reproduce it by forcing Leah to fight me (caught drinking a beer) and KO'ing me on the closet threshold. If it happens again, try to capture a Debug Log and player.log file (instructions for gathering these are pinned in this forum).