[Resolved, not broken] Amy Changing stopped by locked door

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
PartyBob

[Resolved, not broken] Amy Changing stopped by locked door

If Amy is heading to change clothes due to the scavenger hunt and gets stopped by a locked bathroom door, it breaks the quest. Probably happens on other similar quests with a "walkto" event, but I saw hit this one in a game.

Should be easy enough to fix just through changing csc scripts, without any actually coding.

EDIT: This was shown to be working. No bug. Nothing to see here.
Last edited by PartyBob on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eekdon

Re: Amy Changing stopped by locked door

In what way does it break the quest?
eekdon

I made this, just for you:

https://vimeo.com/519057759/8543df21cb

In short, the content does not break, but I can see how this would be confusing to players. I'll make sure the user gets feedback in this case.
PartyBob

I'm happy to be proven wrong there. Absolutely worked how I thought it should in the video. She just stood around and never moved again in my game. I may have just been too impatient. I didn't check variables. Should have done that before reporting.
eekdon

Re: [Resolved, not broken] Amy Changing stopped by locked door

Eh it's all good. Even if you had looked at the console feedback, it's not like we say what the "dequeue from InaccessibleMandatoryTargets, queue as MandatoryTarget, and try again" delay is :P

I added the thoughtbubble as mentioned, so there is at least text feedback. On the back end, the current delay may be a little long, given that InaccessibleMandatoryTargets are only generated after an NPC cannot reach a target that they were commanded to reach...which implies execution of player agency or at least a background, content-driving event. Either of which will most of the time mean a player wants to know WTF is going on within seconds, not minutes of waiting. We'll have a think on that.
PartyBob

Re: [Resolved, not broken] Amy Changing stopped by locked door

Thanks for looking into it, and how to improve things, even when nothing was really broken in the first place.