In-game account registration bug

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
ClevelandRock

In-game account registration bug

When I tried to register an Eek! Games account from the main menu of House Party, it kept giving me this error:

One of the passwords I tried to use was BKPeD52nqjI6KQ7SEzyG. It contains 20 alphanumeric characters: 10 capital letters, 6 lowercase letters, and 4 numbers. It meets all the necessary criteria. I also generated various other similar passwords that wouldn't work.

It might also be worth mentioning that, in the error message, "our" is misspelled as "out" and "Twitch" is misspelled as "Reddit."

Update: I now get a completely different error:
eekdon

Re: In-game account registration bug

Hi, what version of HP are you playing? Have you tried entering a symbol, e.g. an exclamation mark?
ClevelandRock

erasmus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:06 pm Hi, what version of HP are you playing? Have you tried entering a symbol, e.g. an exclamation mark?
I'm playing version 0.18.2. I've tried passwords that contain symbols as well as passwords that don't. My email address and username don't contain symbols (with the exceptions of the @ and . in my email address).
ttant

All symbol doesn't work.

Try to use one password with upper & lower character, number and '!'. :roll:
ClevelandRock

ttant wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 am All symbol doesn't work.

Try to use one password with upper & lower character, number and '!'. :roll:
It worked! Thanks, dood.
That's so weird. I had to include at least one exclamation point, but no other symbols were allowed. I've never seen that before.
eekdon

We'll take a look at the instruction text. In the meantime I've fixed at least one typo you called out :P Thanks, and glad you got it working!