Possible Forum Bug/Issue??

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
LLLeon2017

Possible Forum Bug/Issue??

I am not sure what changes have been done over the last few months with the forum updates and tune ups but I have found one issue
that is really starting to bug me...

About every 3 page changes in the forum or other pages on the site and I have to re-log in. It appears that the site is automatically
logging me out after so many seconds..

Is this normal or is there something you all might have to check out?

I would like the forum/site to be like it was when I first got on the ride... Once I logged in I stayed logged in unless I actually closed my
internet browser when I forget to actually log out of a site. That usually logs me out of what ever site I forgot to log out of before the
fingers closed the browser. And. Since I automatically clear my temp files the process removes my log in cache for any site I was logged
into so I end up logging myself out as an afterthought.

But now I am having to re-log in every couple of pages. Even when those pages are all the same forum subject it turns out!?!?

This seams like something is broken or a time out feature has been added but not properly tuned in for users.

Can you check this out?? :(
eekdon

Re: Possible Forum Bug/Issue??

I will indeed check it out, right now.
eekdon

Going to delete your other post on this topic while I'm at it, FYI.
eekdon

I don't see any issues with our configuration.

Sessions auto-expire after 900 seconds (15m).

We do not auto-logoff any users based on total number of active sessions.

I don't see anything else in our Admin Control Panel that would result in such a behavior. There are some security settings that COULD log users off, but those should not have any effect on users that successfully logged in already. We've got flood control, post/editing timeouts, and some other settings mostly relevant to specific user groups that might be obnoxious while creating a post, but not while navigating the forums.

If you just sit on one page and then wait a few minutes before navigating out of that page/post, does it still log you out? Or is it seemingly tied to the amount of activities you perform? Is there any prompt text when you get logged off explaining why it occurred?

FWIW I am not experiencing any session/login issues. Perhaps this is a browser add-on or configuration quirk?
ttant

No logging issue here.

Try to clean your browser's cache & cookies. That may do the trick.
Only issue i have on forum is some slowness from time to time.