[0.17.2] Failing Ashley quest

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Aravil

[0.17.2] Failing Ashley quest

After taking the Ashley quest for looking nude pics on Madison phone, I search trhough the diary till the end, and when talking to Ashley (around the fire pit), she tells me that after talking with Patrick, she don't want to deal with it anymore and I fail the quest.
Why?
peter980

Re: [0.12.7] Failing Ashley quest

What other quests have you done up to this path?

Sibling Warfare path will be closed off if you finished some other stuff that block it.

If you did Ashley's Smooth Operator, then Sibling Warfare will be closed off.
If you finish the new Derek quest about his cat, it would be also closed off (no way to have Derek/Madison hook up after that).

There may be some other situations too.
Aravil

peter980 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 pm What other quests have you done up to this poth.

Sibling Warfare path will be closed if you finished some other stuff that block it.
I was doing quest in order with Original Story Walkthrough - v0.16.5 on Steam. Maybe the issue was that it differs from what should be done in that version.
Aravil

peter980 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 pm What other quests have you done up to this path?

Sibling Warfare path will be closed off if you finished some other stuff that block it.

If you did Ashley's Smooth Operator, then Sibling Warfare will be closed off.
If you finish the new Derek quest about his cat, it would be also closed off (no way to have Derek/Madison hook up after that).

There may be some other situations too.
I already did the Muse quest and used the recorded to lure out Derek. You mean that new Derek quest about his cat?
peter980

Aravil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm I already did the Muse quest and used the recorded to lure out Derek.
Should not be an issue if done in a traditional way.
Aravil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm You mean that new Derek quest about his cat?
Yes.

Aravil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm I was doing quest in order with Original Story Walkthrough - v0.16.5 on Steam. Maybe the issue was that it differs from what should be done in that version.
That is pretty unspecific, but yes, difference in 0.17.2 is that some stuff can fail Sibling Warfare in advance. And when that happens you will get that dialog with Ashley as you did.

One thing I know I can't do anymore is both hook up with Ashley as part of Smooth Operator and then still do Sibling Warfare and hookup with her again.
Aravil

peter980 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:00 pm
Aravil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm I already did the Muse quest and used the recorded to lure out Derek.
Should not be an issue if done in a traditional way.
Aravil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm You mean that new Derek quest about his cat?
Yes.

Aravil wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm I was doing quest in order with Original Story Walkthrough - v0.16.5 on Steam. Maybe the issue was that it differs from what should be done in that version.
That is pretty unspecific, but yes, difference in 0.17.2 is that some stuff can fail Sibling Warfare in advance. And when that happens you will get that dialog with Ashley as you did.

One thing I know I can't do anymore is both hook up with Ashley as part of Smooth Operator and then still do Sibling Warfare and hookup with her again.
I will wait for the official release and walkthrough then.
eekdon

Re: [0.17.2] Failing Ashley quest

Bear in mind that only Patreon gets an official walkthrough. Any other walkthrough is user-created.