Game Keeps Freezing On Me

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
noobfromthe978

Game Keeps Freezing On Me

The last three times I played, it has frozen up on me. Do other people have this issue or is it just me?
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
ttant

Re: Game Keeps Freezing On Me

I haven't, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

First of all: have you check your configuration matches at least minimal configuration required ?
Have you try to lower some settings (resolution, turn off anti-aliasing / mirror reflection / etc...) ?
Have you check the temperature or disk usage while running game ? First one can be a bit tricky to check, second one can be done using task manager. Dual screen might be a big help to have measures on one and game running on the other.
noobfromthe978

ttant wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:22 am I haven't, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

First of all: have you check your configuration matches at least minimal configuration required ?
Have you try to lower some settings (resolution, turn off anti-aliasing / mirror reflection / etc...) ?
Have you check the temperature or disk usage while running game ? First one can be a bit tricky to check, second one can be done using task manager. Dual screen might be a big help to have measures on one and game running on the other.
Tried turning down some settings. Still freezes.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
eekdon

At what point is it freezing? And when it freezes, is there an error message or pop-up? How do you completely exit the application?
noobfromthe978

erasmus wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:06 pm At what point is it freezing? And when it freezes, is there an error message or pop-up? How do you completely exit the application?
No error message. My computer will automatically reboot. My brother and I think we have solved the problem. My graphics card needed an update. Lesson learned, always check your graphics card for updates. It also helps to check your computer for updates.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
eekdon

Oh ok, that does make sense. Hopefully that was all! Let us know if you run into anything else. Thanks for the update.