Runtime error!

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Mihaitza233

Re: Runtime error!

ttant wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm Have you ty without runing the OSD you have in the top left corner ?

As your configuration seems quite ok and you're the only one (i'm aware of) having this issue, i'm wondering if this is not provoked by something else currently running which interfere with the game.
This might be due to a graphic enhencer (like reshade), an antimalware, etc.
Yes, tried without it.
I don't have any kind of graphic enhancer or antimalware.
eekdon

Yeah based on that output_log, something else is just killing the process. The Unity backend isn't logging anything the moment it attempts to load the Main Menu scene, and there is no crash being caught by the Unity Crash Handler. So, something is killing HouseParty.exe and/or UnityCrashHandler64.exe, both of which are located in the same folder where the game is installed. Or perhaps there is some software preventing a Unity .dll from functioning properly or "hooking".
eekdon

Mihaitza233 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:03 am
ttant wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm Have you ty without runing the OSD you have in the top left corner ?

As your configuration seems quite ok and you're the only one (i'm aware of) having this issue, i'm wondering if this is not provoked by something else currently running which interfere with the game.
Yes, tried without it.
That OSD is MSI Afterburner, yes? Are you OC'ing your GPU or using MSI AB for literally anything other than displaying its OSD/stats?
ttant

Also try after disabling any antivirus (like defender, kaspersky, node32, etc.)
Mihaitza233

erasmus wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pm
Mihaitza233 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:03 am

Yes, tried without it.
That OSD is MSI Afterburner, yes? Are you OC'ing your GPU or using MSI AB for literally anything other than displaying its OSD/stats?
Yes, i only use it for the osd and controlling the fans, not oc
eekdon

Alright, I can't think of what else it could be, other than restating the obvious about any differences between the two systems. Have you double-checked and reinstalled all MS VC++ components, and possibly .NET as well? This specific message is pretty uncommon (compared to other problems users report to us at least) so it must be a piece of software on the VM, something about the OS configuration, or however unlikely, how hardware or hardware drivers are installed or being referenced in some way.