Custom Story Browser/Custom Story Uploader Issue Thread

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

Re: Custom Story Browser/Custom Story Uploader Issue Thread

icefluke233 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:28 am Hello my error said Unknown Error "There was an error communicating with the server or there was an error trying to process your request. Truth be told we have no idea what happended but it didn't work and we're probably looking into it"
What version of the game are you playing? The version is shown in the top right of the title screen.
icefluke233

0.17.3 and i tried on 1.18.1 too
eekdon

icefluke233 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:56 am 0.17.3 and i tried on 1.18.1 too
Can you try again on 0.18.1, then exit the game and get me an output_log.txt? You can find that here: C:\Users\YOU\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party, or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party
icefluke233

here you go
Attachments
output_log.txt
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
eekdon

Alright so that's happening because of a region/globalization issue. Can you set your Windows date/time settings to reflect a mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy format (Gregorian calendar)? Thai calendars, Lunar calendars, and some other calendars used from Western Europe through Central and Eastern Asia can cause problems with the CSB still.