Custom Story Browser/Custom Story Uploader Issue Thread

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

Custom Story Browser/Custom Story Uploader Issue Thread

Hello everyone, if you have been having any difficulties with the recently launched Custom Story Browser (CSB, the in-game UI that appears after you click "CUSTOM STORIES") or the Custom Story Uploader (CSU, https://csu.eekllc.com/), please let us know here.

For those having password difficulties, make sure your password is at least 10 alphanumeric characters in length, uses at least one uppercase and lowercase letter, and has at least one symbol that is NOT the plus (+) or ampersand (&) symbols. Then make sure you confirm the e-mail we send to you, and try logging in again.

Do not post questions about specific custom stories here. Any posts here not related to the CSB or CSU tools will be deleted without warning and without follow-up.

For your protection, do not post user names or e-mails here. Myself or one of our staff (ZUEEKJon, EekJon, Alex/EekAlex, or Bobby) will reach out for more information. DO NOT, EVER, PROVIDE YOUR PASSWORD. The most we will need to know is: what kind of symbols did you use, how many letters or numbers, and did you use upper/lower case.

Thank you for helping us make these tools better, and for your patience!
skriggle

Re: Custom Story Browser/Custom Story Uploader Issue Thread

Yeah, definitely am having an issue with this in that it just tells me I fat fingered it over and over. I'm copy/pasting the password directly from the password manager, I definitely am not making any typos. Additionally, I changed my password to be 16 characters, alphanumeric, symbols, the whole nine yards and it still doesn't work at all.
Geebuttersnaps

Same problem as skriggle. Set my password to include everything mentioned in this post and avoided the symbols mentioned. Still saying fat fingered.
Gamer12141

All, make sure you are creating a new account by checking box on right-hand side. I tried my Eek forum email and password and got same results until I realized this is a separate account. Once I did that and confirmed email address it works just fine.
Raft42

hi there

i experienced same as above - until i have chosen a password EXACTLY 10 digits and it worked for me
wakeshinigami

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here, but non-descript error message offers no help. For passwords, I've tried more than 10 characters, exactly 10 characters... I've even tried using only uppercase, lowercase, and an exclamation point (i.e. no numbers).

Always the same message:
Uh-oh. Looks like we had a problem processing this registration. You should try again. If you believe you submitted the information correctly and this should be working, try contacting us on our forums.
Thanks. Consider yourself contacted, then. :x

P.S. On fullscreen 2560x1080, the checkbox labels don't appear. It was kind of frustrating to have these checkboxes that were just randomly there with no explanation. (Switching to windowed 1280x720 allowed me to see the labels, so yes, I've got them both checked.)
eekdon

The checkboxes not appearing should be fixed in the next update. The text feedback for various CSB errors will also be improved in the next update. That warning doesn't come up for weak password errors...something else must have occurred. Have you tried again with a password that includes uppercase and lowercase letters, a number, and a symbol such as an exclamation mark?
PaugPlayer

I never recieved a confirmation e-mail for me to activate my account, how do I get it re sent?
icefluke233

Hello my error said Unknown Error "There was an error communicating with the server or there was an error trying to process your request. Truth be told we have no idea what happended but it didn't work and we're probably looking into it"
eekdon

PaugPlayer wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:15 pm I never recieved a confirmation e-mail for me to activate my account, how do I get it re sent?
I will look into it. In the meantime can you send me a PM (do not post publicly) here on the forums with your CSU login ID and the e-mail you used? You can also e-mail those to me at erasmus@eekllc.com.