No music or voice in game

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
subion

No music or voice in game

I'm playing the game on Game Jolt. I've tried reinstalling the game and it didn't help. I have music in the main menu but in game I only get sound effects. No voice from characters or music at all. Only walking, moaning, fighting sounds. The debug report shows me errors for audio files. it keeps repeating the list.
Attachments
New Text Document.txt
(34.27 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
eekdon

Re: No music or voice in game

subion wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:22 pm I'm playing the game on Game Jolt. I've tried reinstalling the game and it didn't help. I have music in the main menu but in game I only get sound effects. No voice from characters or music at all. Only walking, moaning, fighting sounds. The debug report shows me errors for audio files. it keeps repeating the list.
Hm, can you try re-downloading? Are you running any anti-virus, anti-ransomware, or download manager programs that would have interfered with the download of the game, extracting it to an "install" location, or running in any way? This looks like a symptom of missing, corrupt, or inaccessible files. Check out this link for a bit more detail on software that can interfere with HP: https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=732

Also make sure that you aren't running HP in a location that compresses files or folders in any way. Windows can sometimes decide to automatically do this. Just to be thorough, run through the steps found in T2 of this post as well: https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7
subion

I’m running HP under the location that game jolt installs it to. I have no firewall on or antivirus software enabled. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and still get the same issue.

The music plays in the menu fine but it’s when I’m actually in gameplay that everything is screwed up but the Sound effects. Every other game I play from game jolt or anywhere else works perfectly fine. It’s just the audio in HP that is having the issue.
eekdon

subion wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:19 am I’m running HP under the location that game jolt installs it to. I have no firewall on or antivirus software enabled. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and still get the same issue.

The music plays in the menu fine but it’s when I’m actually in gameplay that everything is screwed up but the Sound effects. Every other game I play from game jolt or anywhere else works perfectly fine. It’s just the audio in HP that is having the issue.
Alright, and are you starting a new game? Or loading one? Can you check to see if the files or folders where the game is installed are being compressed or encrypted by Windows? If they're compressed they'll have little blue arrows on their icons. What is the folder location where HP is being installed for you?
subion

So I got it to work. I was loading the game up through the game jolt launcher and it is causing all the issues I believe. Once I installed it to the computer and loaded it up from the desktop it seems to work.

I don’t know if something with the Launcher is not letting it read the files correctly or if something else is going on there but it seems to work fine as soon as I quit using it.

It may be something your team wants to look into in case there are people who encounter the same issue in the future.

Thank you for your help
eekdon

Huh that is odd. Personally I have no experience with the GJ Launcher, but we'll take this under advisement and look into it a bit. Thanks for following up!
Gamer12141

Hey, so I had the same issue as you but got it fixed to where it works through launcher now. Change the default game download location in your settings to same folder as Game Jolt Client. Doing that gets you the audio and music in game as it can better see the files.