Benedict Brahrnold save bug and case already open

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
TinkerTailor

Benedict Brahrnold save bug and case already open

With Rachael's opportunity "Benedict Brahrnold", after you've gotten the case and she goes off to find Patrick naked, if you save just before she talks to Patrick and tells you to inspect the key ring and then load the game from there, once back in session the conversation won't activate so Rachael keeps telling you to focus and you keep inspecting the key ring and nothing happens.

Also if you get Frank to open the case for you and try giving it to Rachael, it keeps saying she doesn't want it right now despite the whole point of blowing Patrick to get the key ring was so to open the case so it seems pointless to get Frank to smash it open. Just feels like an inconsistency.

If you go into combat mode and try punching Patrick whilst he's laying on the ground naked, he'll get up and fight you. If you knock him out and he gets back up, he'll just keep standing there naked.

Lastly, if you talk to Rachael about Vickie before Vickie even arrives to the party, the option to tell Rachael to go see Vickie is already there despite her not being invited yet.
peter980

Re: Benedict Brahrnold save bug and case already open

TinkerTailor wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:27 amAlso if you get Frank to open the case for you and try giving it to Rachael, it keeps saying she doesn't want it right now despite the whole point of blowing Patrick to get the key ring was so to open the case so it seems pointless to get Frank to smash it open. Just feels like an inconsistency.
If you get case opened by Frank, you still can't do anything related to Patrick site until you get the key. Talking to case AI confirms it.

If you give Patrick thermos and have unlocked briefcase and talk to Rachael, that will be noted correctly by the game.
TinkerTailor

peter980 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:08 am
TinkerTailor wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:27 amAlso if you get Frank to open the case for you and try giving it to Rachael, it keeps saying she doesn't want it right now despite the whole point of blowing Patrick to get the key ring was so to open the case so it seems pointless to get Frank to smash it open. Just feels like an inconsistency.
If you get case opened by Frank, you still can't do anything related to Patrick site until you get the key. Talking to case AI confirms it.

If you give Patrick thermos and have unlocked briefcase and talk to Rachael, that will be noted correctly by the game.
I see. I thought the key was just to unlock the briefcase itself. That's why it seemed weird that you could get Frank to open it but still needed to get the key off Patrick when the key opens it if it's closed.
imhavingissues

so my issue is the key didnt work after i well did a favour for racheal and then went to use key it just that didnt work so i had frank smash but i need permission is their any way past this?
imhavingissues

ok i figured out i need to talk to racheal but i need the master key after i just used it to open the case he just says consent is sexy