[0.15.5]Steph Meltdown Stuck

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
chimneyfish

[0.15.5]Steph Meltdown Stuck

In the attached save game, Katherine is in the bathroom waiting for help from Stephanie, who's upstairs in meltdown. If you go give Stephanie the paper bag, then follow events along, you'll reach a point of being stuck because the player already has the bottle of water and the gut grip. Stephanie takes the bottle of water and the gut grip from the player and runs upstairs. After the fade out/fade in, go talk to her and she's waiting, "still sober" with no way to advance the plot because the water and gut grip she seems to be waiting for are gone.
Attachments
Katherine Stuck.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 410 times
peter980

Re: [0.15.5]Steph Meltdown Stuck

Hmm... what I see here is that you lose access to empty vodka bottle you had before, when fade out, if you have both gut grip and vodka bottle in advance (Stephanie says she will refill water).

But due to new requirements for Steph to have all ingredients to progress (including full bottle), you get stuck.

But... if you fill bottle with water first (which I think sets some 'getWater' variable for player), you will again lose the bottle at same place, but story will advance correctly.
chimneyfish

Yes, you're right. My description above is wrong. The problem occurs because the player has the EMPTY vodka bottle. Steph says she's going to fill it and runs off, which causes the story to get stuck.
eekdon

Thanks! I'm looking into it.