can no longer customize keyboard controls

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
rubrtoe

can no longer customize keyboard controls

Please help. With the installation of 2.0, my custom keyboard configuration went away and I can't get it back . specifically, I changed the wsad travel controls to the keyboard arrows WHICH IS WHERE THEY SOULD BE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I cannot and will not use the wsad for that because I'm always hunting for them and hitting the wrong key because they are right in with all the other keys aren't they ! But the arrow keys are isolated by themselves on the keyboards I have.

So when I try to change the WSAD crap to the arrows I get a message saying the arrow keys are all ready being used and to pick a different command, BUT the arrow keys ARE NOT BEING USED ANYWHERE in the list of keyboards commands shown. Well actually they (arrows) were in the list at first, right beside the WASD ones, BUT pressing the arrows did not move my character. SO I changed the arrows next to "wsad" to random other keys so I could change WASD back to the arrows for moving BUT CANNOT DO SO because I still get the message to choose another key because the arrow keys are being used even thought hey are not being used.

please somebody fix this glitch so I can configure the keyboard controls back the way I want them and play the game again because It is unplayable for me with the character travel directions controlled by the stupid wsad keys.
markiez

Re: can no longer customize keyboard controls

Hey rubrtoe!

The arrow keys are already bound for movement by default. Which version are you playing right now?
erasmus

We're aware of the issue and working on addressing that.
peter980

I think what happens is that UP/DOWN arrows are bound to dialogue browsing by default, which blocks assigning them to something else.