Crash on restart

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
CarusonSan

Crash on restart

The game will crash 100% of the time when I am already in game and choose to load from a save or restart the game.

When starting a new game from the main menu, there isn't a problem, this only happens when I am currently already in game and choose to restart the game or load from a new save.

I have also attached my crash report and hope that helps you guys out!

Steam Version: 0.12.4

Intel i5 4690K
Nvidia RTX 2070
16GB of DDR3 RAM
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1

If you guys need anymore help then please let me know and keep up the great work!
Attachments
output_log.txt
(14.16 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
error.log
(56.17 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
peter980

Re: Crash on restart

Is this with official story and not custom stories?

Does issue hapen when loading saved games (from main menu or inside game)?
eekdon

CarusonSan wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:49 am The game will crash 100% of the time when I am already in game and choose to load from a save or restart the game.

When starting a new game from the main menu, there isn't a problem, this only happens when I am currently already in game and choose to restart the game or load from a new save.

I have also attached my crash report and hope that helps you guys out!

Steam Version: 0.12.4

Intel i5 4690K
Nvidia RTX 2070
16GB of DDR3 RAM
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1

If you guys need anymore help then please let me know and keep up the great work!
Some additional questions beyond what peter980 asked:
  • What keyboard layout/language are you using?
  • What is your Windows calendar format? I.e. what is the format for the date and time?
  • What did you name your save file(s)?
  • Can you further define "crash"? Does the game freeze and sit around until you choose to end the process, or does the process/application actually exit and give you an error message?
  • I don't see a mention of an attempt to load a game in the output_log, so it's hard to tell exactly what's going on. Does this "crash" occur the moment you click on a saved game in the load game list, or does it happen on the LOADING... screen (with the blonde in the background), or at another time?
  • Have you taken a look at this info about Security Software? Give it a read, check out your anti-virus/anti-ransomware software situation and see if there's anything you can do to ignore our game/the folders and files it relies on. Then try to play and save/load again: https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=732
CarusonSan

Hello,

I realised that I had not kept this up to date however the game has gone through some major iterations! Would it be possible to have this post deleted/pruned as it's no longer required
ttant

I will leave it as-is as eekdon answer may help other who have the same issue ;)
eekdon

Yeah, no need to delete old posts unless there's inaccurate info or a privacy or other rule-breaking issue within the post.