Brainstorming : Everybodies Ideas for Office Party!

Eek! Games in general, the Sales Platforms you can find us on, our Services & Sites, Merch, Product roadmaps, etc.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

Re: Brainstorming : Everybodies Ideas for Office Party!

1) I'm not seeing many Unity games out there that I can confirm were made by teams our size (going from a team of 1 to a technical team of at most 5) and that look significantly better. That's not an solution/answer, but team size, resources, and engine play big parts here. The models were originally Daz and were touched up considerably by one of our graphics staff and had certain features and shaders configured by a production house we partner with, Mimic. Given our starting point, settling on Unity 2018 as our final engine, and production schedule and team size, we've done just fine. This was never, ever going to look like a game from a AAA studio, and to top all that off, we are trying to ensure the product is viable for the widest range of customers possible and won't have any performance issues when we pursue VR.

I don't think you're quite in tune with our development history or what it takes to get a game of this nature and size to make this kind of change within two years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGv3zgKys3s Claiming otherwise would be pointless.

As for number 2), your passive aggressiveness is, well...years late. I doubt you've ever looked up the previous posts on the topic, but we've already acknowledged many times that there are model/technical reasons as to why we cannot change body shape. In fact, as you'll see below, I admitted this to you already on at least one occasion. Immediately after you informed me that:
masterspanker wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:58 pm I will admit that I am not an expert on this, I am a modder of sorts but I have relatively limited knowledge when it comes to developing a game, but because I am a modder, I at least know how animations and meshes work.
I didn't think you were being mean at all, and we're aware the game has weaknesses, but be realistic and speak plainly about them please :P

masterspanker

erasmus wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:55 pm 1) I'm not seeing many Unity games out there that I can confirm were made by teams our size (going from a team of 1 to a technical team of at most 5) and that look significantly better. That's not an solution/answer, but team size, resources, and engine play big parts here. The models were originally Daz and were touched up considerably by one of our graphics staff and had certain features and shaders configured by a production house we partner with, Mimic. Given our starting point, settling on Unity 2018 as our final engine, and production schedule and team size, we've done just fine. This was never, ever going to look like a game from a AAA studio, and to top all that off, we are trying to ensure the product is viable for the widest range of customers possible and won't have any performance issues when we pursue VR.

I don't think you're quite in tune with our development history or what it takes to get a game of this nature and size to make this kind of change within two years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGv3zgKys3s Claiming otherwise would be pointless.

As for number 2), your passive aggressiveness is, well...years late. I doubt you've ever looked up the previous posts on the topic, but we've already acknowledged many times that there are model/technical reasons as to why we cannot change body shape. In fact, as you'll see below, I admitted this to you already on at least one occasion. Immediately after you informed me that:
masterspanker wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:58 pm I will admit that I am not an expert on this, I am a modder of sorts but I have relatively limited knowledge when it comes to developing a game, but because I am a modder, I at least know how animations and meshes work.
I didn't think you were being mean at all, and we're aware the game has weaknesses, but be realistic and speak plainly about them please :P
As you cleverly pointed out, I am a modder, not a newborn in the wilderness. I admited not being an expert, which doesn't mean I don't know how any of this work. Even with my limited knowledge and skills, I have poked enough games to know what makes them tick. As a princible I try not to talk about stuff I have absolutely no knowledge of. Granted majority of my experience comes from Source engine (along with Gamebryo and Creation Engine), but deep down Unity is not all that different than any other engine. Methods may differ, but it should still be possible regardless.

It is just a mesh. What we are talking about is something I could probably mod into the game if I tried. It is certainly not the daunting task you make it out to be.

Now if we were talking about animations, that would have been a different story. But you don't need to touch the animations at all.
In most games, it is done by scaling bone and animations for certain characters. For example, animations for child characters are not at all different than adult characters, just scaled down. (animation itself is untouched, bones for that character is just scaled down)

For different body shapes (thick or thin) you wouldn't even need to go that far. It should work as is, as long as you assign the weights correctly.

Unless all characters are using same model file somehow (which would be absolutely ridiculous) you can alter models one by one and even the smallest alterations would make a huge difference. Unless your technical reasons are "I don't want to bother", you don't seem to have any other reason not to do this at all. I am not saying this would be dirt easy, since nothing ever is, but it should still be doable.

Also, you are mistaken, I am not saying you have done a bad job, I would never say that. I am just saying you could do better.
eekdon

That's...not what I said. Figuratively, or literally. To be clear: I understand you're saying there's a lot of room for improvement. I concur, however there are limitations as to how much of that improvement might be realized. Refer back to my post for reasons why, and then you may choose to accept them or not.
MisterSam1

i just hope there will be different nationality in girls. Like Amy or Lety in House Party, it adds originality^^

In addition, what would be nice in sex would be to have every unique choice for the girl. For example, we can make a position with this girl, and not with the others. (increase the number of possibilities with the girls, and do not put all the possibilities to all the girls, in order to encourage the player to discover other girls for other visual pleasures) Thus, each end of the chapter ends with a unique experience for sex between several girls with several origins or several different characters (like Katherine) :)
Corvo

Hi I really like House party, Vickie is my favorite character, I'd really love to see her again and be able to have a deeper relationship with her which would be the continuity of A Vickie Vixen Valentine. If it's not possible a Vickiesque character would be great. A nice addition would be to have more dialog lines during intercourse to spice things up. It could also be fun to be able to use some accessories during sex.

Now for the dumb ideas I have (that might have already posted by other people, sorry) :

-The Pc could be able to gossip and spread rumors in order to lead people against each other. That could help him to get on the good side of some Npc's and on the bad side of others. It could also be a way to get a better position in the company because he would seem like a more viable option than the other characters fighting each other. Or he could simply desire to bring mayhem because some people just want to see the world burn. Of course he should be careful not to get caught otherwise there would be harsh consequences. Of course he could also try to frame other people for his deeds.

-There could be Adderall and alcohol stash to enhance his efficiency or prank people. The Pc could also build some mini crossbow with a pencil, pen and some rubber bands to initiate little friendly fight between colleagues, annoy them or activate some stuff by distance like a very elaborate prank or changing the heat or something. He could be able to drive some characters to the point of mental breakdown which would culminate in over the top reactions alongside with crazy and erratic behavior (in a funny way).

-The Protagonist could also be able to bring stuff from home like little gifts or items that might be necessary for a prank or some opportunity that would be unavailable in an office. He could try to learn some other perks or have dates outside the office too.

-Maybe there could be characters the Pc date/fuck depending of the character being a male or female. Some character's could also be more receptive to the Pc depending of his clothes and overall appearance.

-There could also be a chill space where characters could open up and talk/act more freely.

-There could be security guards to replace Frank, sort of, if you annoy too many people.

-If some character wants some sexy time with the Pc in a particular room there could be a "stealth route" like crawling and/or rolling between cubicles, or use some card box (for an obvious reference) to which other characters would react with lines like "you're not in a video game you know ?" He could also use air vents to access the room which would lead the Npc to say something like "You could just use the door" Of course he should be careful while using the vents in order to not enter into the Boss's room, or in the woman's bathroom or popping during a meeting. By using the vents he could also eavesdrop on other character's private conversations to get the upper hand in certain events or to unlock some hidden opportunities, amongst them you could catch the boss fucking another employee and take a picture of them to blackmail him/her for a raise/better position in the company/doing funny stuff.
eekdon

Hey there, good ideas! No idea is a dumb idea ;) And for MisterSam1, we will do our best to ensure the...intimate progress through the game is as unique for each playthrough as possible.
noobfromthe978

How about this? There should be two paths you can take to climb the corporate ladder. You can either work hard or backstab your way to the top.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
eekdon

noobfromthe978 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:11 pm How about this? There should be two paths you can take to climb the corporate ladder. You can either work hard or backstab your way to the top.
That's roughly along the lines of what we were thinking...along with content that we can all identify with: procrastinating!
peter980

Tech ideas:

It's now more common for games to have resolution scaling option in them when setting it to some value below 100% would render 3D scenes in lower resolution and save performance. This together with 2D UI that would stay at full resolution would be a great addition for the new game, as well as make the game more accessible, by giving option players with slower computers to reduce resolution without affecting 2D UI readability.

Also, have custom UI Scaling. I know this was actually present in House Party in older releases so there were probably some technical reasons why it was removed. But please reconsider for the new game having UI that can be easily scaled, and look good both on 720p and 4K displays.
eekdon

peter980 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:15 am Tech ideas:

It's now more common for games to have resolution scaling option in them when setting it to some value below 100% would render 3D scenes in lower resolution and save performance. This together with 2D UI that would stay at full resolution would be a great addition for the new game, as well as make the game more accessible, by giving option players with slower computers to reduce resolution without affecting 2D UI readability.

Also, have custom UI Scaling. I know this was actually present in House Party in older releases so there were probably some technical reasons why it was removed. But please reconsider for the new game having UI that can be easily scaled, and look good both on 720p and 4K displays.
Heard ;)