About the "you-shall-not-use-real-persons issue" on steam

Eek! Games in general, the Sales Platforms you can find us on, our Services & Sites, Merch, Product roadmaps, etc.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
amigian

About the "you-shall-not-use-real-persons issue" on steam

So since this is not the steam forum I assume we're able to talk a bit more open about that ;-)

As we all know steam changed it's policy in terms of real persons in a game leading to Lefty and (probably) the new characters always being censored.

So what are the possibilities in order to bypass this once the game got installed?
Shouldn't be a big thing. maybe editing some XML?
eekdon

Re: About the "you-shall-not-use-real-persons issue" on steam

There are some community-based mods floating around on our Discord. That's option #1, and I've personally verified that the two most popular workarounds will give you what you're looking for. That's all I can really say about that sort of solution.

But I CAN say: for anyone on Steam who isn't happy about their policy and what we've had to do to try and comply with it, we've also got our own ways of helping you get the most banging for your buck...ing. Or whatever. Please come to our Discord server and go to the create-ticket channel, then Create a Ticket. Our mods and Community Management Team can try and directly address your concerns there. Finagling something for ya might take a few days, but we'll do our best to ensure you have full access to all the crazy party shit you paid for!

Discord Server link:
https://discord.com/invite/eekgames

Once you've joined go to this channel. It's near the bottom of the channel list under "Support Center":
create-ticket
Click on the Create Ticket button and tell us how we can help.
amigian

I will do.
Thank you for your kind answer :D
matcauthon137

Just my $.02, but it would be cool if EEK! could release this as a standalone game you could also purchase and download from their website. I mean, yeah, keep it on steam, itch.io, all that stuff for people that like the library model for storing their games. And marketing of course, since having it on those platforms reaches a large audience. But we could get around alot of these censorship issues if we could get this directly from the devs too. I would probably even purchase more than 1 copy. I would get the one from EEK! to play without all the censors, and the one from steam for the library aspect and playability on the steam deck.

Probably isn't going to happen, just a small rant on my part. Since I'm not a programmer, I have no idea how much would have to be changed to make that possible or how much extra work would have to go into it. And I'm sure the devs are plenty busy enough just trying to get the product finished.
"Item 151 on today's glitch list. We have all the problems of a major theme park and a major zoo, and the computers aren't even on their feet yet." -Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park
LLLeon2017

matcauthon137 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:53 am Just my $.02, but it would be cool if EEK! could release this as a standalone game you could also purchase and download from their website. I mean, yeah, keep it on steam, itch.io, all that stuff for people that like the library model for storing their games. And marketing of course, since having it on those platforms reaches a large audience. But we could get around alot of these censorship issues if we could get this directly from the devs too. I would probably even purchase more than 1 copy. I would get the one from EEK! to play without all the censors, and the one from steam for the library aspect and playability on the steam deck.

Probably isn't going to happen, just a small rant on my part. Since I'm not a programmer, I have no idea how much would have to be changed to make that possible or how much extra work would have to go into it. And I'm sure the devs are plenty busy enough just trying to get the product finished.
I agree with this post as freedom of speech and freedom of art expression apply as do the right to view such by those who wish to see these things. Just as it is the right for people who do not want to see these things to NOT LOOK AT OF FOR THEM!.

So providing the extra channel to gamers to purchase the game uncensored in any way directly from EEK is not an unexpected or unrealistic request. Considering I own 2 copies of the game between my Windows 7 and Windows 10 STEAM accounts this shows
my support for the developers and the game even with the service client's unjust censorship of private data exchanges. As this is a single player game there is no exposure of the localized game play of the individual to others unless that player uploads their game play to an offering site that supports video uploads for viewing by others. So. Realistically STEAM is actually dictating what adult gamers have a right to see regardless of the real person's wishes to share their image uncensored in such a venue thus violating that person's rights to freedom of expression in a controlled environment not visible to all users of that client service.

Just a few thoughts to ponder from my opinion. EEK is well within their rights to follow the client service's policies in matters like this even though that service's policies may be a violation of our rights as well as the person who wished to express their image in this game, or any other game for that matter.

Do what you have to do EEK team! But. PLEASE consider offering options for purchase to us that will allow us to fully enjoy your
game (Games including future releases planned or may come into development in the future) in both our wish to see the images that the contributor sees fit to share with us through your products.

That's my 2 bits folks!

Clean dirty adult games provide a service to players and those who donate their images in the art form of these game types.
So suggests a dirty old man.. :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: