Custom stories - Custom voices!

For texture mods or other House Party mods. Texture mods are the only mods (other than Custom Stories) formally supported by Eek! Games at this time.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

All mods posted here are user-created, and offered "as is" by those users/authors.

Any mods not posted here will be deleted immediately.

Any mod that stops functioning as intended or that unexpectedly compromises the game experience for a user or the stability of their system will be deleted immediately. Regardless of our intent to moderate, note that use of ANY of these mods is at your own risk.

Eek! reserves the right to enforce any of the above rules and/or delete mod content without warning. Create and manage your own backups.
DeanWinchester

Custom stories - Custom voices!

So you have to override the Original Story of course, but seems like there is a way to add custom voices! Maybe someone has done this already, but I couldn't find anything online. Working on putting the tutorial together, but in the meantime, here's a little demo video of it working!

https://youtu.be/w6Wir4NCg70
DeanWinchester

Re: Custom stories - Custom voices!

Alrighty - tutorial is ready. I tried writing it inline - but I quickly hit the max of 3 attachments limit. So it's a google docs PDF for now.

Let me know if you have questions or trouble accessing it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GHmgzw ... sp=sharing
Partylion

Re: Custom stories - Custom voices!

Nice Tut doode,
thx for sharing and your effort in creating the pdf.
I may or may not be able to contribute a tiny izzy little bibit. :)

Regarding the asset-creation, there is a nice little plugin for unity, the "AssetBundle Browser". (it's free)

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetBu ... owser.html

In regards to the necessity of setting the ReadOnly-state to all the OG-Story files before testing stuff,
some ancient code is just doin' a fine job for lazy people like me ...some people call this cmd.

Simply create an empty text file -> rename it to setReadOnly.bat (or what ever you feel is appropriate)
-> open it in your favourite text editor (Visual Studio Pro 2022 for example, ...or notepad) and paste something like this in there
-> save the file wherever you want -> trigger it directly or via shortcut and it sets the readonly state for you

Examples: Set/Remove HP Original Story ReadOnly-State batch files
MakeReadOnly.bat (adjust the installation path):

echo off
attrib +r "...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories\Original Story\*.*"
exit

RemoveReadOnly.bat (seperate file):

echo off
attrib -r "...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories\Original Story\*.*"
exit

or copy the csc files and set the ReadOnly-state in one go (I've put a timeout in the example, so you can see what happened):

Example: Copy your csc-files to the Original Story folder and set the Read Only state afterwards batch file
CopyFilesAndSetReadOnly.bat (adjust the paths/and the timeout to your liking):

echo off
REM COPY PROJECT FILES TO ORIGINAL STORY FOLDER
REM /y = no prompting to confirm overwriting files
REM /r = copies read-only files
REM /k = copies files and retains read-only on destination files
Xcopy "...\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\Project\*.*" "...\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories\Original Story\*.*" /y /r /k
REM SET READONLY STATE
attrib +r "...\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories\Original Story\*.*"
timeout 5 >nul
exit

You may be able to create a little menu or do it like me ...I'm too lazy for something like that (also for powershell, btw)
I just link 3 .bat files together because it was way faster for me this way...I'm old, lazy and a windows-wanker :)

For everyone who does not know how to do this, here is the most simple (and also poor) way to create some kind of menu for such things (all 3 files need to be in the same directory, and the names after the "call" command must match, but you can freely move this folder around your system ...except you create a shortcut for it to run):

Example: Simple menu: "HP Original Story ReadOnly-State Changer" batch files
Menu (OSROState-Changer.bat):

@echo off
title HP Original Story - ReadOnly State Changer
CHOICE /N /C:123 /M "PICK A NUMBER (1: Make ReadOnly , 2: Remove ReadOnly, or 3: Exit)"
IF ERRORLEVEL ==3 GOTO THREE
IF ERRORLEVEL ==2 GOTO TWO
IF ERRORLEVEL ==1 GOTO ONE
GOTO END
:THREE
exit
GOTO END
:TWO
REM CALL THE REMOVE READONLY.BAT
call RemoveReadOnly.bat
GOTO END
:ONE
REM CALL THE MAKE READONLY.BAT
call MakeReadOnly.bat
:END
pause

Make ReadOnly.bat:

echo off
REM SET PATH TO HOUSE PARTY OGS-FILES
attrib +r "...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories\Original Story\*.*"
REM CALL THE MAINMENU
call OSROState-Changer.bat
exit

Remove ReadOnly.bat:

echo off
REM SET PATH TO HOUSE PARTY OGS-FILES
attrib -r "...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories\Original Story\*.*"
REM CALL THE MAINMENU
call OSROState-Changer.bat
exit

Have fun ...sincerely yours .bat-man :D

edit:

...and because I love to do useless things, here is a sweet little menu for all of the 3 examples I gave. :D

Example: Menu for the 3 batch files (copy and set readonly/set readonly/remove readonly
HP Original Story - CSC Helper Tool MainMenu.bat:

@echo off
title HP Original Story - CSC Helper Tool

REM HOME FOLDER
set NLM=^

set NL=^^^%NLM%%NLM%^%NLM%%NLM%
cls
:BEGIN

REM HEADLINE
echo #####################################
echo #-----------------------------------#
echo #"!!House Party - CSC Helper Tool!!"#
echo #-----------------------------------#
echo #####################################
echo 2022 PartyLion%NL%%NL%%NL%

echo Helper-Tool for the "House Party: Original-Story" files.%NL%

echo What it does:
echo Copy your CSC-project files to the game folder, overwrite the original story and set your files readonly.
echo Remove the readonly-state from the files in the game folder.
echo Set the readonly-state for the files in the game folder.%NL%

echo PICK A NUMBER:
CHOICE /N /C:1234 /M "(1: Copy project Files and set ReadOnly , 2: Remove ReadOnly, 3: Set ReadOnly, 4: Exit)"
IF ERRORLEVEL ==4 GOTO FOUR
IF ERRORLEVEL ==3 GOTO THREE
IF ERRORLEVEL ==2 GOTO TWO
IF ERRORLEVEL ==1 GOTO ONE
GOTO END
:FOUR
exit
GOTO END
:THREE
call MakeReadOnly.bat
GOTO END
:TWO