Eek is not responsible for compatibility of mods, mods (not) working or any other issue experienced when modding the game in any way.
You can also refer to the links here for help.
Some links to get you started:
- Quick start on installing MelonLoader
- A writeup of the basics of creating a mod. (With links to all tools needed/suggested)
- The MelonLoader Wiki on creating mods
- In-depth info on method patching using HarmonyX
- The MelonLoader Wiki on the main differences with Il2Cpp games. (Applies to House Party!)
- Il2CppAssemblyUnhollower on injecting custom classes, and their restrictions. (Needed for custom Components)
- An example by me on creating injectable types
- Official C# documentation on reflection, mostly applicable to the use in MelonMods
- Modding channel on Eek! Games discord
This mod could for example detect some game state, then print output to the console. Through all the documents linked in the ones I linked you should also be able to get a grasp of the restrictions imposed by il2cpp on custom stuff, but normal Unity engine shenanigans work quite well.
Feel free to contact me if you have any serious questions. You'll probably find me in the House Party discord server.